Making their return to Columbus in 2019, the Destroyers previously played in Ohio’s capital city from 2004-2008, which included an appearance in the 2007 ArenaBowl. Located downtown, the Destroyers play at Germain Field at Nationwide Arena, home of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets.
Description of Internship
The Group Sales/Game Production Internship provides experience to current college students interested in learning what it takes to put together a professional game day experience. The interns will report jointly to the Sales Manager and Director of Events & Operations.
The interns will serve an instrumental role in prepping game day promotional items, managing group sales redemption, cueing in-game group sales elements, managing game day staff, and interacting with fans. The interns will also assist with promotional community events during the season.
This is a 6-month internship that runs from March 2020 to August 2020. The interns will work approximately 7-8 hours on a game day. Occasional in-office assignments and community events will provide additional opportunity for work hours.
Expectations, skills, and abilities
- Must be eligible to receive college course credit.
- Must be able to work all home games during the 2020 season including 6 regular season games and 2 potential playoff games. Games occur once a week, scheduled only on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and implement multi-tasking and decision-making skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work closely with other game day interns in a teamwork-driven environment
- Experience working events is preferred but not required.
The Columbus Destroyers (AFL Columbus) is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.