New Business Ventures Strategy Associate
Through the New Business Ventures team, the ownership family of the San Francisco 49ers look to invest, acquire and incubate businesses focusing on sports, technology, consumer and adjacent markets where the companies can leverage the 49ers Organization’s broad access and deep network to help drive product adoption and accelerate growth. The New Business Ventures team takes a long-term view on all its strategic initiatives, working closely with founders and CEOs to help build their businesses into market-leading companies. The associate will play a key supporting role as the team looks to make direct investments, as well as explore, incubate and commercialize ancillary businesses buoyed by the 49ers brand.
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: This position represents a unique opportunity to gain differentiated experience working for an entrepreneurial and dynamic team associated with the world’s preeminent professional sports franchise. The work is demanding, fast-paced, requires independent thought leadership and ownership of work product, and provides frequent exposure to the most senior executives at the 49ers.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Associate will be responsible for providing support to the partners in all aspects of potential and active strategic initiatives and partnerships. Main day-to-day responsibilities will involve developing strategies for new business opportunities, performing financial analyses, identifying opportunities to invest in or to commercialize new businesses, conducting market research and due diligence including market diagnostics, SWOT analyses, market sizing, pricing and go-to-market strategies etc.
· Financial modeling and valuation analysis
· Conduct financial and business (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects) diligence and evaluate new product development and acquisitions
· Preparing due diligence decks for an industry opportunity or company overview
· Compiling and writing investment memos and presentations
· Participating in management calls, company meetings, industry conferences, etc.
· Participating in investment committee meetings
· 2-3 years as an analyst at a top management / strategy consulting firm, preferably with exposure to Technology, Media, Consumer or Sports
· Very strong analytical skills including strong background in financial/operational modeling and valuation
· Excellent strategic thinker who can adjust on a dime, work practically, and work diligently in the trees but also keep sight of the forest.
· Experience conducting company due diligence, research, interacting with management teams, etc. is a plus
· Excellent attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, team player
· Strong academic background with Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from a top tier school, or equivalent experience
How did you hear about this job?