STEAM Educator Part Time with 49ers in Santa Clara, CA
Sports Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
49ers EDU – PT STEAM Educator
49ers EDU is seeking qualified, part-time STEAM Educators to assist the 49ers EDU department in the execution of its paradigm-changing STEAM education program, which leverages the game of football and Levi’s® Stadium as a way to spark an interest in K-8 youth for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. The job centers on various capacities: leading visiting school groups through tours of the museum and stadium, lesson instruction, working with visitors in exhibits and workshops, and representing 49ers EDU at educational events.
Successful candidates are dependable, energetic, self-motivated, like working with people of all ages, show initiative, and possess excellent verbal and written skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about education, and desires to provide a quality educational experience for the participants of 49ers EDU.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
· Assist with planning and set-up of educational events and activities, including preparation of materials
· Present 49ers EDU education tours/workshops to student groups and visitors
· Facilitate programs to a variety of audiences: school-aged and family audiences
· Create and maintain positive relationships with 49ers EDU constituents
· Help in the development and training of staff, interns and museum docents specific to the educational program
· Research information for upcoming education programs and assist with other education and EDU events
· Required to gain a working understanding of the educational STEAM concepts behind the game of football
· All 49ers EDU staff members are expected to interact with visitors and assist with various projects as needed
· Additional duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Passion for inspiring, empowering and educating youth grades K-8 via the 49ers EDU platform
· Ability to work enthusiastically, respectfully and professionally with a wide variety of audiences
· Public speaking skills and experience working in group settings
· Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, seeking help as needed
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service and team work environment
· The ability to work a flexible schedule with up to 29.5 hours per week
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred/ or pursuing a BA-BS degree/ or equivalent experience
· 1 year of related work experience
· Bi-lingual a huge plus
· Bi-lingual a huge plus
· Experience working with school-aged children and the general public in a learning environment
· Experience with Microsoft Office and a desire to learn new technology as needed
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status.
How did you hear about this job?