Job Summary: This position reports to the Director of Special Events and provides support to both the Event Sales team and the Event Planning team. This role will assist the Sales and Planning team in fulfilling the business plan objectives through business development, client management and data input and tracking. This position will aid in researching prospective clients and help to manage client relationships through consistent communication and touch points.
General Job Description:
- Assist Director of Special Events with day-to-day departmental duties and activities.
- Manage inbound leads generated from the website, calls and e-mail inquiries
- Work closely with the Sales Team to update the event calendar and input new event bookings, payment information and other pertinent details.
- Assist with event turnover process from Sales Team to Planning Team
- Manage weekly Sales meeting agendas and action items
- Schedule appointments and reservations and assist with sales calls and site visits
- Work closely with Accounting department to track payments and update weekly status reports
- Assist Event Planners with all internal paperwork leading up to event including layouts, rentals orders, delivery timelines, internal staffing timelines and overall run of show
- Assist with weekly internal operations meetings
- Assist in the planning and execution of events on an as needed basis
- Conduct post event surveys with clients and distribute feedback to internal stakeholders for further review
- Work with Director of Special Events to assist in planning, organizing and implementing all department events (client/partner VIP events, networking events, team outings, etc.)
- Collect and prepare information for use in discussions/meetings with executive staff and outside individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Hospitality or related field; or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the hospitality, events, sports or entertainment industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.