Development Manager, 49ers Foundation with San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara, CA
San Francisco 49ers jobs
Sports Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
Want to be a critical player in harnessing football to educate and empower Bay Area youth through innovative and community-focused strategies? From award-winning STEAM education and nationally recognized youth football programs to impactful community partnerships with leading non-profits, the 49ers Foundation is tirelessly dedicated to inspiring the confidence and collaboration our youth need to tackle what is possible.
We are looking for a Development Manager to help us grow the Foundation’s footprint and impact in the Bay Area through long-term corporate partnerships and strategic individual donor relations that can offer reach and revenue to support the brand and its organizational priorities.
This Manager should be excited about the nuts and bolts of donor relations who is also comfortable selling event sponsorships and securing gifts. Are you a Salesforce wizard, detail-oriented database guru (experience with CRM/prospect research engine, Zoom Info, etc.), or annual giving planner in nonproﬁt development, university advancement, or donor relations? If this sounds like you, come join us!
- Assist with all Foundation fundraising activities, including identifying prospective individual and corporate donors for events and programs, and ensuring timely and accurate reporting to funders
- Generate new ideas, individually and as part of a team, to increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Manage Salesforce system to track and cultivate donors and prospects
- Assists in planning and coordinating stewardship activities and acknowledgements of gifts; thank you notes, birthday and holiday cards, and other touchpoints
- Support team members on larger partnership initiatives and prospect stewardship tied to Foundation events, 49ers Home Games, Training Camp, and more
- Prepare grants, proposals, and other requests to solicit financial support along with budget relieving inkind donations
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonproﬁt development, university advancement, or donor relations
- Prior experience securing partnerships and donations against a development goal, working with a variety of corporatebased divisions including, but not limited to foundations, marketing, CSR and sponsorship divisions
- Experience working with donor databases, Salesforce, and any additional CRM platforms
- Due to the nature of this job, the candidate must be willing to work nontraditional hours, weekends, and game days.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- High energy, sense of humor and passion for team collaboration
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?