Denise DeBartolo York Fellowship with San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara, CA
San Francisco 49ers jobs
Sports Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
Denise DeBartolo York has had a long and distinguished career in business and professional sports. Mrs. York is the owner and co-chairman of five-time world champion San Francisco 49ers. Earlier in her career, Mrs. York served as president of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team. Under her leadership, the Penguins were revitalized and transformed into a Stanley Cup winning team. Mrs. York has been named by Forbes’ Magazine as one of the most powerful women in sports.
The Denise DeBartolo York Fellowship celebrates the legacy of Mrs. York and cultivates the talent pipeline of women in professional sports. The Fellowship is awarded annually to a female college graduate who demonstrates the qualities of Denise and the San Francisco 49ers: leadership, integrity, and concern for the community.
The fellowship is designed to give the fellow a well-rounded foundation in the business of professional sports. The fellowship is suited to a young woman who aspires to a career in any aspect of the business of a professional sports team. The 12-month program consists of approximately four three-month rotations among business departments in areas where women have historically been underrepresented in the sports industry, including Sales, Finance, and Stadium Operations. To maintain continuity, the fellow will work with the Human Resources Generalist to support her through all of the rotations. In addition, the fellow will be assigned executive mentors to facilitate her growth.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Accurate, efficient, and timely execution of tasks
- Strong teamwork and relationship management skills; works effectively with all personalities; positive attitude with customers, vendors, colleagues and supervisors
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Proficient with various MS applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Effective time management and prioritization skills; punctual and professional
- Capable of working nights, weekends and holidays, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required
Length of Program
- July 2019 – June 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?