We are Esports Engine and we have been delivering best in class innovation and excellence for over 20 years. Our rapidly expanding global team is made up of the most passionate Esports experts and leaders – we represent the best in program design, competitive operations, production, and broadcasting. We create and deliver legendary events and experiences online and in-person worldwide. Our work and our vision generate the momentum to turn game communities into industries.
Job Status: Full Time
Employee Location: Columbus, OH
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Reporting to the Corporate Controller of our parent company, Vindex LLC, you will have significant responsibility, owning Esports Engine’s financial reporting and internal controls, while serving as a vital member of Esports Engine’s team.
- WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing all accounting functions and policies including, but not limited to: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Treasury, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and analyze the financial results
- Establishing and maintaining the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Reviewing working capital on a regular basis and monitor the company’s cash flow
- Maintaining compliance with the ASC 606 Revenue Recognition standard for our numerous broadcast, live event, and other production contracts
- Develop and maintain key internal controls to promote operational efficiency and adhere to auditing, tax, and government rules and regulations
- Manage and mentor an accounting team to meet individual, department, and company goals
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE
- 8+ years of accounting experience with at least 3 years in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field
- Deep knowledge of GAAP accounting, internal controls, and financial analysis
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and GSuite
- Ability to create streamlined processes and work efficiently and effectively within a matrixed environment
- Strong customer support orientation (internal/external stakeholders), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently, a keen attention to detail, and ability to exercise sound judgment and problem solving
- CPA license
- Advanced understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition standards, account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processes, treasury, fixed assets, etc.
- Public accounting and small business experience
- MBA in accounting or related field
- Experience with NetSuite
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned or updated by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.