Group Sales Account Executive
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports to: Manager, Group Sales
Location: Chicago/United Center
Founded in 1926, the Chicago Blackhawks are one of the “Original Six” professional ice hockey teams in the National Hockey League (NHL) and six-time Stanley Cup Champions (1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015). Members of the Central Division in the NHL’s Western Conference, the Blackhawks call the United Center home. The organization’s vision is to reimagine the potential of hockey with core values centered on integrity, curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and originality. Through these tenets, the greater Blackhawks family works every day to write the next chapter of an iconic franchise, aiming to serve as a world-class leader in professional sports, both on and off the ice. The organization is committed to executing a system of elite hockey, consistently and delivering new and legendary fan experiences. The organization has also made an unwavering commitment to its local community, including a significant expansion of the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation and the opening of Fifth Third Arena, which serves not only as the team’s official practice facility, but also as a state-of-the-art community space and hub for youth hockey development. While working together is important and, at times necessary, the Blackhawks also understand the equal value of a flexible work environment that respects when and where individuals perform their best work.
The Group Sales Account Executive will have the primary responsibility of generating revenue through the selling of Blackhawks ticket products, including group tickets and memberships (season tickets & partial plans). Additionally, this person will plan and coordinate large group events and theme nights. Core to this role is the ability to prospect, sell and service numerous prospective and current customers, while congruently managing multiple revenue-generating initiatives.
Ideally, this person has a proven track record of success and a strong working knowledge of the group sales business. This person will be challenged to create new ideas to strengthen and grow the iconic Blackhawks brand.
- Prospect, qualify leads, and set face-to-face and virtual appointments to drive new business.
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales & service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, data capture and personal database management.
- Meet or exceed daily call, appointment, and activity expectations.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and long-term sales goals.
- Maintain detailed account records in designated platforms.
- Perform game-day responsibilities, including client & prospect entertainment, as well as the facilitation of large group events, fan experiences, and theme night commitments.
- Provide legendary, best-in-class service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including CRM (Salesforce) and Archtics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service, presentation, and resolution skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Flexibility with changing priorities; ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays. Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients and escort potential customers on seat tours and fan experiences both on game days and non-game days.
- A self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision.
- Lifting 25lbs or more may be required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years in sales or telemarketing, preferably within sports & entertainment, and preferably with group sales experience.
- Event planning and campaign management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.