About: The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams rostered with the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL season is distributed through an exclusive media-rights agreement with NBC Sports Group. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague) and YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL).
- Stay grounded
- Think critically
- Encourage creativity
- Persevere through the noise
- Operate like an owner
- Be helpful
Position Overview: The PLL is looking to hire a Social Media Coordinator who has a deep understanding of social voice, tone and style. This role is responsible for developing, engaging and communicating with our growing audience. This candidate must be a skilled communicator who can write social copy, live tweet games, and engage with our audience in an authentic voice. This entails becoming the expert on what is being talked about in the PLL online ecosystem, responding to customer service related posts, and joining in on relevant conversations. This candidate must be able to communicate with a design team to create thumb stopping images, GIFs and videos - serving both the casual and lifelong fan. The role requires understanding of the PLL, its players and the sport of lacrosse, while also balancing the ability to communicate to new fans outside of the game. This candidate must have experience running popular social media accounts, understanding of a brand voice and knowledge of the internet ecosystem
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in social media
- Experience running a brand, sports team or other popular social media accounts
- Understanding or experience working in the lacrosse industry
- Idea creation for memes and other pop culture references to keep PLL atop the conversation
- Editing social cuts optimized for each platform (Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc.)
- Switching between tone of voice across various social handles
- Must have superior communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Exhibits excellent work ethic, strong problem solving skills, and tenacity when it comes to shooting, producing, and/or editing the story
- Some editing experience with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Fundamental content creation skills in social writing, photo editing, and video editing
- Sound knowledge of the PLL and lacrosse, including current athletes, rules, and events
- Appreciation for and understanding of internet pop culture
- Experience editing TikToks and creating Instagram stories
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and results-focused with strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and ability to adjust to changing priorities. Able to maintain composure under pressure and remain a diplomat. Execution-focused mindset, analytical and balanced approach to problem-solving. Ambassador for the sport.
- Expected to travel
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.