USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. We champion every aspect of the sport as advocates for the best of American cycling. USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of the country. The Customer and Event Service Coordinator works in collaboration with fellow staff under the direction of the Senior Manager of Event and Customer Service to ensure the integrity and growth of competitive cycling in the United States
- Provide customer service and support to USA cycling membership, event organizers, clubs, volunteers, and internal staff.
- Review and process submitted permit applications to ensure information is complete and meets expectations;
- Review event announcements for accuracy and follow-up to ensure needed corrections are completed by the event organizer;
- Process insurance requests;
- Assign officials for event permits not handled by a local association;
- Send permit information and applications to event organizers;
- Receive and process paperwork affiliated with events; receive, process, and balance post-event paperwork;
- Guide and assist event organizers as necessary.
- Collect, balance, process, and route a variety of fees and payments associated with events; follow-up with appropriate individuals regarding uncollected fees.
- Intake and resolve membership questions and needs in support of an event; provide online registration support; elevate issues to appropriate staff members as needed.
- Act as a liaison to clubs, event organizers, members, insurance providers, Event Service Managers, and other internal staff to ensure all components of our policies and regulations are in place prior to an event.
- Perform data entry and records processing as required, review documents for accuracy and completeness; document retention of various records, files, and documents; retrieve information upon request.
- Respond to sensitive and/or elevated customer service issues, requests for information; provide information regarding applicable rules, policies, and regulations. Provide excellent customer service and support to members and membership groups in order to grow and retain membership.
- Assist members and member groups by providing information and resources to answer their questions and resolve issues.
- Assist members with license issues, including purchases, renewals, add-ons, citizenship designation, and UCI IDs.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Industry knowledge of the sport of cycling is preferred.
- Work experience in a membership-based organization is preferred,
- Work experience in a customer service role is required
- Clear, concise, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to navigate high-stress situations and keep composure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Home office space that allows you to perform job responsibilities in a quiet work area with reliable internet service
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Positive, can-do attitude with an ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
- Ability to think critically about priorities and make smart trade-offs
- Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours, including some weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by potential candidates to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.
· Ability to work in conditions with occasional exposure to extreme weather such as high and low temperatures and variable precipitation when working at events.
· Visual capabilities for both long and short distance measurement at events.
· Frequently communicate with staff and participants and must be able to exchange accurate information in event situations.
· Dolly and lift-assist equipment. Incumbent may occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
· Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel along with reaching with hands and arms.
- Under USA Cycling's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and prior to starting employment, workers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or receive a USA Cycling-approved medical or religious exemption. For more information, visit https://usacycling.org/resources/rulebook/covid-19-policies.
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Less than 10%
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position that is be based in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Base salary for this position is $15.00 per hour with an opportunity for a performance bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan and Heath Saving Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Time
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.