The Outdoor Box Office Associate is a part-time position responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to guests as they arrive for events at the Toyota Center. In addition to answering customer questions pertaining to box office concerns, the Outdoor Box Office Usher will be responsible for assisting customers through the will call and ticket selling lines in a timely manner. The position will require the Outdoor Box Office Usher to work a schedule ranging from 3 to 20 hours per week depending upon the event schedule, with most call times starting at or around 5:00 p.m. This ideal candidate for this position can work outdoors in all weather conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Direct customers to the appropriate line for will call, ticket purchasing, or ticket resolution.
- Interact with guests to answer questions regarding entrances, event start and end times, parking, etc.
- Monitor ticket lines and suggest changes via radio to the box office staff to efficiently navigate customers through their transactions.
- Applicant is required to work all Rockets games and Third-party events as scheduled. This schedule will consist of evenings, weekends, and holidays. Shifts typically begin at 5:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal communications.
- Applicant is required to work all Rockets games and Third Party events as scheduled. This schedule will consist of evenings, weekends, and holidays. Shifts typically begin at 4:30 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
- Ability to work in hot (temperatures exceeding 100 degrees) and cold (temperatures of less than 30 degrees) environments.
- Detailed oriented, articulate, and highly organized with an ability to handle multiple tasks at the time and adapt to change.
**By applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check and drug screening. **
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.