The Toyota Center is home to the NBA’s Houston Rockets. It also plays host to the nation’s top concerts and touring shows. We are looking for people responsible for assisting with conversions of building equipment as required for specific types of events held at the Toyota Center. Be available to work in other areas and shifts to supplement additional departmental needs.
- Setup and breakdown of retractable seating units and related equipment.
- Installation of basketball flooring and their related equipment.
- Assist with Concert chair sets and chair strikes.
- Assist with Event preparation duties including table, tensa, pipe & drape, and barricade setup.
- Set up and break down of concert Stages and related equipment.
- Attend yearly safety training.
- Work with Facilities Supervisor to maintain and organize storage areas.
- Work as needed with day shift, event shift, and conversions supervisors.
- General housekeeping duties during additional work periods.
- Assist Facilities personnel as a supplemental workforce during required times.
- Maintain all workspace storage and cleanliness at highest levels.
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Be readily available for changes to schedule.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Ability to work overnight, evening, and daytime shifts when required.
- English speaking preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions and carry them out.
- Ability to understand work related safety rules and apply them to work environment.
- Own or purchase steel toe boots.
- Ability to work well with other and be a member of a team.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs. The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.