Building Operations Technician – Electrician
The Electrician will provide all electrical repairs to facility, utility and operating equipment, including but not limited to electrical distribution networks on both high and low voltage, lighting controls, emergency generator operation and maintenance, automatic transfer switch operation and maintenance, fire alarm systems, elevator and life safety equipment, FM-200 and Ansul fire protection systems and building automation systems. Address all assigned maintenance work requests, execute all assigned preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance work orders, and provide consistent and timely feedback concerning work order execution and completion for a facility that operates 24/7/365.
General and Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in similar role with building operations and maintenance experience a plus
- Electrician’s License required
- Experience in managing building electrical utility systems required; emergency backup operations and maintenance experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret and update electrical drawings / schematics
- Must be a self-starter, able to work equally well in both an individual role and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to work extended shifts including weekends where necessary including ability to react to off-hours phone calls for support
- Generalist experience in plumbing, HVAC, mechanical and carpentry trades
- Ability to lift over 50lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders & comfortable working at heights
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures and work order requests
- PC proficiency knowledge and use of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Requisition parts and supplies and maintain spare parts inventory
- Perform general maintenance and assist other team members with carpentry, plumbing, HVAC items, kitchen equipment
- Evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
- Inspect equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Coordinate repair of equipment with outside contractors
- Any other duties as determined throughout the course of employment
A background check will be conducted prior to the start of the position. The New York Jets are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, affectional orientation, marital status, civil union status, and domestic partnership status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Jets are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
The New York Jets require a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.