Start Date: March 2, 2020
End Date: August 31, 2020
Full Time hours
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Monica Garza, Director, Travel Services
In 2011, USA Baseball brought all of the organization’s travel services in-house for the first time. Services including domestic and international team travel and event participant travel support – including the organization’s hotel rebate programs. Over 10,000 athletes will participate in various USA Baseball events from June through September and the organization works with their teams to provide hotel accommodations and other travel services.
- Learn and utilize hotel management software (Cvent and Passkey) to book and track hotel room nights for various USA Baseball events
- Provide hotel assignments for participating teams in the USA Baseball tournaments, including the 14U, 15U, 16U & 17U National Team Championships
- Communicate with coaches and participants for all USA Baseball events via phone and email, to provide assistance with housing and fulfill customer service demands pertaining to the event
- Work with the Travel Services Director and Assistant Director on the daily administration of the organization’s hotel rebate program for all events
- Communicate via email and phone with USA Baseball event attendees – including college recruiters, player advisors, and scouts – and National Team families regarding their local hotel needs
- Assist the Travel Services Director and Assistant Director in managing room blocks, invoicing hotels through our rebate program, as well as putting together initial RFP’s (request for proposal)
- Assist in planning and booking all flight, hotel, and transportation arrangements for all National Teams
- Serve as a point of contact and build strong relationships with hotel sales departments on a daily basis
- Work with the Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance (GRSA) to help bring business to the local area through our travel services hotel program
- Assist in the operation of all USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, operations, etc.) with various tasks as necessary
- Participate in all tarp pulls at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC
- Superior customer service and phone etiquette
- Must take initiative, be motivated, flexible and resourceful
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends
- Proficient in a second language (Spanish preferred)
- In possession of or working towards an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.