The Marketing & Promotions Intern will support all ticket sales revenue generation, and will work tirelessly to grow brand awareness. The position will be filled by a candidate who has a proven work history in increasing sales and stretching a budget to maximize revenue.
· Assist with the team’s marketing, promotions and fan development efforts, with a specific focus on opening night.
· Develop strategies to effectively market to the target demographics.
· Write and produce digital, print and electronic marketing pieces.
· Actively participate in weekly brainstorming sessions (which will include staff from other departments) to cultivate concepts designed at increasing sales.
· Assist with content creation for all company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies.
· Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts.
· Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics.
· Develop a Lacrosse 101 / Introduction to the Seals video series.
· Sell entertainment!
· Enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program required.
· Infectious personality, someone who brings passion and enthusiasm and shares them with staff in and out of the department.
· Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms.
· Ability to multi-task and take initiative.
· Priority of integrity and ethics.
· Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Willingness and flexibility to work long hours, including significant responsibilities on weekends and holidays.
· Bilingual and affluent in English and Spanish.
· Existing business relationships in San Diego.
· Knowledge of the National Lacrosse League and the sport of lacrosse.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.