BASIC FUNCTION: The basic function of the Merchandise Warehouse Coordinator is to maintain the merchandise assets in the USATF Warehouse.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organization and layout of the USATF Warehouse; maximizing space and efficiency
- Receive and process incoming shipments
- Works closely with the Merchandise and Retail Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, and International Teams Manager
- Maintain inventory for warehouse and USATF vehicles strategically and proactively
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment
- Accurately pick, pack, and ship customer orders at USATF Warehouse, and troubleshoot problems to resolution in a judicious manner
- Implement numerous aspects of USATF’s mobile retail operations; this includes packing and shipping merchandise in support of events and the full setup/tear down of the Team USATF Store
- If necessary, will be responsible for fixture and equipment upgrades
- Effectively assist in administering the daily operations of USATF e-commerce business (fulfillment, returns/exchanges, inventory controls, stocking, etc) in a professional and structured manner
- Provide various logistical supports to USATF departments
- Develop a thorough, working knowledge of USATF programs, products, policies and procedures, with the ability to respond to questions regarding merchandise, memberships, and other programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Merchandising, or related field
- Proficiency working with a POS software is preferred
- Forklift certified
- Retail and/or vendor sales experience, including knowledge of the sports or fitness industries preferred
- Ability to manage complex schedules, prioritize workloads, and handle multiple projects with limited direction or supervision
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to adapt to and embrace change
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to network, utilize resources, and exercise a high degree of professionalism
- Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and e-mail correspondence
- Ability to drive for long periods of time and lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Desire and ability to drive/travel extensively
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
NON-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Travel at least 15 times per year (including weekend travel)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.