Oracle Arena & Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum are AEG Facilities-managed venues and Northern California's premiere sports and entertainment venues home to the Oakland Athletics (MLB), Oakland Raiders (NFL) and Golden State Warriors (NBA). Additionally, we host the top entertainers, family shows and special events at our venues.
Responsible for the safety & security of Oracle Arena and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum patrons, employees, property, and assets. Responsible for performance & conduct of all facility security officers at the Oakland venues.
• Responsible for the quality of the performance, conduct & effectiveness of the entire facility security team as a cohesive unit assigned to the site.
• Direct and monitor the performance, conduct and attendance of facility security officers assigned to the site.
• Perform supervisor conduct inspections at the start of each shift to ensure the professional appearance of the entire facility security team assigned to the site, and that each security guard is mentally and physically ready to perform the role up to the standards established.
• Manage the quality and accuracy of the all daily activity reports/logs and incident reports generated at the site by reviewing the information against security camera footage, then making amendments or adjustments if needed.
• Determine the threat level of any issue/incident and decide immediate plan of action and direct security team appropriately.
• Contact law enforcement partners to obtain relevant information on issues within the surrounding community to understand the impact on the stadium, and decide appropriate actions to be taken by security team.
• Communicate any relevant issues/threats to the Facility Security Manager and inform how the issues are being dealt with/handled, or actions taken.
• Responsible for staying informed and enforcing appropriate security protocols, procedures, and security measures
• Attend security briefings (i.e. joint terrorism task force) and constantly review SOP for security department to ensure compliance.
• Adhere to and enforce the Security Department's Prime Directives. Comply, implement and adhere to all legal & ethical instructions given by Security Management team.
• Maintaining proper staffing level at the site, in case of sick calls/ absences, also make sure staff is rotated among the posts throughout the shifts. Managing onsite day-of schedule rotations utilizing the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to ensure compliance.
• Take an active participatory role in creating & conducting on-going, in-service training for the security personnel assigned to the site.
• Assist & participate in conducting and developing periodical performance appraisals and corrective action plans of the facility security officers assigned to the site.
• Responsible for the security and proper control of the lost and found items turned into the Security Department at the assigned gate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS Degree (4-year).
• A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
• Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure without loss of composure; exhibit maturity by making sound judgments
• Must have a valid California Driver's License
• Ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire facility security team assigned to the site
• Ability to exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example; maintain good business relations with all the employees & managers
• Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information.
• Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
• Ability to lead and participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and trainings
• Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
• Ability to supervise effectively, fairly & efficiently
• Must have a current California guard card, or be willing and able to obtain one prior to employment.
• Previous law enforcement or security background highly desired.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.