Responsible for the safety and security of AEG patrons, employees, and the assets.
- Conduct patrols of the building on a regular basis.
- Respond to all security & safety related calls in a timely manner.
- Exhibit exemplary conduct & appearance while on duty.
- Comply with & adhere to all the department's performance, conduct, & attendance standards.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Comply with all legal & ethical instructions given by the Facility Security Supervisors on duty, Facility Security Manager, Security Manager or the Director of Security.
- Adhere to the Security Department's Prime Directives.
- Investigate & compile accurate incident reports.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by the Facility Security Supervisors on duty, Facility Security Manager, Security Manager or the Director of Security.
- Interact with AEG patrons, vendors, & employees in a courteous & professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, employment verification, and post-offer drug screening test.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- An understanding of the rule of law & the relevant penal codes.
- Ability to represent the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
- Ability to maintain good business relations with all the employees & managers in other departments.
- Ability to effectively perform in crises and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Ability to exhibit maturity by making sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to participate in all departmental and company-wide meetings.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Applicants must have a current California Guard Card, or Proprietary Security Officer (PSO) Card OR be willing and able to obtain one prior to employment.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, etc.
- Prior Military and/or Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Tasks are performed with moderate supervision.
- Walking & standing occurs 90% of the time.
- Talking, hearing, walking, running, & vision activities occur continuously.
- Some tasks may require employees to come in contact with hazardous chemicals. Employee should use precautions & follow safety guidelines