Ticket Operations Manager - University of Texas at El Paso - The Aspire Group
The Aspire Group jobs
Ticket Operations: Box Office Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Manager, Ticket Operations
Director, Sales and Service
University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
El Paso, TX 79968
Expiration Date: 10/08/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Partnership: The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in El Paso, TX. The UTEP Athletics Department has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. The University of Texas at El Paso and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: UTEP Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual who is committed to being a leader in the UTEP Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC). This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts, passionate about staff leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of all employees.
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Ticket Operations is to lead all ticket operations and box office activities as it pertains to ticketed sporting events. These duties include taking and building events, processing orders, handling cash, checks and credit cards, processing payments, and revenue reconciliation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements ticket office policies and procedures following university and NCAA audit guidelines. These procedures include locating established donor seating, setting ticket prices, administering comp ticket programs, reconciling game day events, depositing ticket revenue and building stadium and facility manifest.
- Supervises and maintains detailed financial reporting for ticket sales and income for the Athletic Ticket Office. This includes designing and implementing of reporting standards and establishing employee guidelines for accountability of funds.
- Coordinates ticket seating locations for all athletic events including home and away games, any post season tournaments, and outside events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with off campus representatives regarding any events held at the athletics venues.
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued:
- When needed, assists in recruiting and hiring ticket office and gameday staff with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Trains and supervises ticket office and gameday staff.
- Monitors, manages and evaluates staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals, follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Leads, motivates, develops and retains ticket office and gameday staff.
- Ensures thorough understanding and adherence to all policies and procedures regarding public relations, operational goals, accounting standards, and computer operation.
- Serves as department liaison with students, faculty, staff, Alumni Association, and the general public.
- Interprets all guidelines regarding NCAA rules and regulations concerning ticket sales and distribution, including complimentary tickets for prospective student. athletes. Additionally, responsible for advising staff members on these procedures.
- Communicates with the Conference on ticket distributions for any regular or post-season events.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of ticket operations experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Organized and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and able to provide exceptional customer service to all customers on a daily basis while answering questions regarding event information, account details and balances owed, and processing payments for such orders.
- Highly motivated and energetic and must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.