Ticket Operations Manager - Tarleton State - The Aspire Group (Stephenville · TX)
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Stephenville · TX
Ticket Operations: Box Office Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Manager, Ticket Operations
Director, Sponsorship, Ticket Sales and Service
(Assistant Athletic Director for Sponsorship and Ticket Sales)
The Aspire Group
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
Expiration Date: 10/22/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: The Tarleton State (Tarleton) Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket and sponsorship sales team in Stephenville, TX. Tarleton has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Tarleton Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. Tarleton Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket operations efforts, passionate about personal development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
The Manager, Ticket Operations is responsible for directing all ticket operations aspects including ticketing for eight varsity sports, various concerts and other third-party events. The position manages gameday student and part time workers. Duties include taking and processing orders, handling cash, checks and credit cards, and processing payments with the ticketing system. This position is also responsible for processing of the annual audit as it relates to ticketing. Duties also include executing game day ticket operations for all ticketed sports, and all ticketed on-campus events within athletic facilities, including but not limited to scheduling of student and part time workers, management of game day workers, overseeing will call and ticket sales booths, handling/reconciling game day starting cash, and ensuring all financial and reconciliation reports are run daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued:
- Train and supervise staff, including all policies and procedures regarding public relations, operational goals, accounting standards, computer operation.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies, including an acute focus on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Discrimination and Harassment policies, engaging with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Create and implement ticket office policies and procedures following university and NCAA audit guidelines, Texas A&M University System Policies and Texas law. These procedures include locating established donor seating, setting ticket prices, administering comp ticket programs, reconciling game day events, depositing ticket revenue and building stadium and facility manifest.
- Responsible for reconciling the ticketing system to the University's finance system. Managing the preparation of various internal and external financial reports. Managing all accounting functions within department including budget transfers, payroll deductions, refund checks, etc. Managing year end reconciliation. Coordinates with Athletics Business Office to prepare for yearly NCAA audits.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Box Office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing the highest level of customer service to all internal and external customers, managing opening and closing procedures of the Box Office, management of game night events and select on sale dates.
- Supervise and maintain detailed financial reporting for ticket sales and income for the Athletic Ticket Office. Manage budget development forecasting and oversight of all Box Office revenue and expense as well as select balance sheet accounts. This includes designing and implementing of reporting standards and establishing employee guidelines for accountability of funds.
- Coordinate ticket seating locations for Tarleton Athletic events. This includes home and away games, any post season tournaments, and outside events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with off campus representatives regarding any events held at the athletics venues.
- Serve as department liaison with students, faculty, staff, Alumni Association and the general public.
- Responsible for all ticket system programming and functionality for Tarleton’s revenue ticket sales webpage. Managing and creating manifests, programming best practice and procedures, season renewals, inventory management, a-z program building within the ticket system. Management of ticketing hardware and software, including periodic upgrades.
- Create data rich reporting using eQuery and Excel to provide revenue goal tracking and renewal success. Generate accurate, up-to-date sales and revenue reports and communicate these reports to appropriate athletic administrators in a timely manner.
- Interpret all guidelines regarding NCAA rules and regulations concerning ticket sales and distribution, including complimentary tickets for prospective student athletes. Also, advise staff members on these procedures.
- Communicate with the Conference on ticket distributions for any regular or post season events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of ticket operations experience (in a college athletics setting strongly preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with the Audience View Campus platform preferred. Experience working with a major ticketing software system is required.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications and operation systems.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate and interact with groups across campus providing service to their season ticket and single game ticket needs and able to provide excellent customer service to all customers on a daily basis while answering questions regarding event information, account details and balances owed, and processing payments for such orders. Ability to understand policy implications of accounting rules and cash collection.
- Ability to speak, hear, and interact verbally with clients, guests, and university personnel both over the phone and in person at the window. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers and the general public.
- Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division.
- Possess attention to detail, ability to remain calm under pressure, and ability to demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills. Must be able to problem-solve and make decisions quickly and with knowledge and authority.
- Ability to exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics Code of Ethics and rules and regulations.
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required. Travel as necessary.
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, opportunity to earn an annual bonus upon meeting or exceeding goals, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.