Sales, Service & Operations Consultant – Santa Clara University - The Aspire Group
The Aspire Group jobs
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Consultant, Sales, Service & Operations
Manager, Sales and Service
The Aspire Group
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Expiration Date: 11/21/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research, ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement, and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Partnership: Santa Clara University Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Santa Clara, CA. Santa Clara University Division of Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Santa Clara University Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. Santa Clara University and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Position Overview: Santa Clara Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual who is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader. The associate should be passionate about and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
The Sales, Service and Operations Consultant’s revenue will be generated primarily from sales activities. These activities will include phone calls, email marketing, face-to-face presentations and in-arena/stadium tours. In addition to the primary focus being revenue generation, this position also has several ticket operations responsibilities related to the processing, fulfillment, and distribution of tickets. Day-to-day leadership and mentoring of this position will be provided by the Aspire Leadership. Sales, Service and Operations Consultant will receive the tools, programs, and systems necessary to "BE GREAT."
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales and Service
- Perform outbound and inbound sales activities for the Athletics Department for Men's & Women's Soccer, Volleyball, Men's & Women's Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. Inventory available for sale across at this location include, but is not limited to: season tickets, renewals, upgrades and add-ons, group tickets, partial/mini-plan ticket packages, single-game tickets, and stand-alone donations.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service.
- Grow sales significantly each week by attracting additional business leads.
- Maintain computerized records of all prospects and customers within Ticketing/ CRM database.
- Work home games, performing various ticket sales and service duties as assigned and agreed upon with Leadership.
- Contact area businesses, community groups, and individuals via phone, in-person appointments and networking events to sell season tickets, partial plans and group ticket plans.
- Assist with the day-to-day and game-day/event operations of Ticket Operations/Box Office, providing the highest level of customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Opening and closing procedures of the Box Office.
- Oversight of game-day/event student workers.
- Providing reporting as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics.
- Experience in ticket sales is preferred but not required.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Previous customer service or retail sales experience; display a genuine desire to help people.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills. Must be able to communicate equally well with executives, staff, and fans at all levels.
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative.
- Ability to encourage collaboration, flexibility, equity and inclusion that enables colleagues to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Available to work athletic events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends as needed.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.