Sales, Service and Operations Director – Monterey Bay Football Club - The Aspire Group
The Aspire Group jobs
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Director, Sales, Service and Operations
Senior Vice President, Strategy & Operations
The Aspire Group
Monterey Bay Football Club
Seaside, CA 93955
Expiration Date: 11/14/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: Monterey Bay Football Club and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Monterey, CA. Monterey Bay Football Club has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Monterey Bay Football Club and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. Monterey Bay Football Club and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall sales, service and ticket operations efforts, passionate about staff leadership and development, and is committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
The Director, Sales, Service, Development and Operations is responsible directing ticket sales responsibilities for all ticketed sports to generate new revenue, servicing existing accounts, managing Aspire and MBFC staff, and overseeing ticket operations/box office activities. The Director will also have individual sales goals.
• Top sales and service priorities include selling tickets for Monterey Bay Football Club. Inventory available for sale will include: new season tickets, renewal season tickets, group tickets, mini plans, flex plans, and individual game tickets for all home matches.
• Ticket operations/box office priorities include effective management of ticket operations activities and ensuring a high level of customer service.
• Hiring, motivating, challenging, training and growing a team of two (2) Consultants, Sales & Service.
• Available to events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued:
- Recruit and hire a team with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Train and supervise full-time and game day staff.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals, follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain staff for future succession within the department and The Aspire Group organization.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies, including an acute focus on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Discrimination and Harassment policies, engaging with Human Resources as appropriate.
Sales and Service
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the new Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Ensure effective marketing and sales of new and renewal season tickets, partial season ticket plans, group ticket plans and individual game tickets for the standard and premium areas for the Club.
- Oversee tickets sales through outbound, inbound and renewal sales, including tracking and monitoring calls for productivity and effectiveness.
- Perform daily sales and relationship cultivation phone calls, messages and mailings with season ticket holders, sponsors, businesses, individuals, groups and prospective buyers.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures.
- Manage a book of business of donors and season ticket holders.
- Serve as a member of the external operations team.
- Grow business each year.
- Lead in the development of ticket marketing, promotions, ticket pricing, sales strategies and community ticket/sampling programs, etc.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Work with the university liaison to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Ongoing development of New Ticket Sales and Ticket Service program in the following areas: new business generation, season tickets, sales leadership, development of sales and service strategies, sales and service training, development of best practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Develop and execute approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget.
- Work with the Club President to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket and group sales target markets.
- Develop special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Oversee and develop season ticket retention program, with special attention to new season ticket and high-risk accounts.
- Lead in the development of ticket marketing, promotions, ticket pricing, sales strategies and community ticket/ sampling programs etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Ticket Operations/Box Office and providing the highest level of customer service to all internal and external customers. This includes adherence to all policies and procedures regarding public relations, operational goals, accounting standards, and computer operation.
- Manage opening and closing procedures of the Box Office, management of game night events and on-sale dates.
- Oversee processing of orders and payments, game day ticket operations for all ticketed sports, will call and ticket sales booths, handling/reconciling of game day starting cash.
· Schedule ticket office and gameday workers.
· Providing reporting as required.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of sports ticket sales experience with a minimum of 2 years in Ticket Sales. or Service/Ticketing Management/Team Leader preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of ticket operations experience
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications and operation systems.
- Experience with ticketing software and CRM program.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and listening skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess attention to detail, ability to remain calm under pressure, and ability to demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills. Must be able to problem-solve and make decisions quickly and with knowledge and authority.
- Strong administrative and time management skills.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to effectively coach and manage others.
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Available to events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends as required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding personal sales goals and a bonus upon meeting or exceeding FRMC ticket sales/service goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.