Sales and Service Manager – University of Tulsa - The Aspire Group (Tulsa · OK)
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Tulsa · OK
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Manager, Sales and Service
Senior Vice President, Fan Relationship Management & DEI
University of Tulsa
Tulsa, OK 74104
Expiration Date: 11/22/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing, and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At the Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: The University of Tulsa Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Tulsa, Oklahoma. University of Tulsa Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution, and is led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. University of Tulsa Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts, passionate about staff leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
This position will manage and lead all ticket sales and service staff and the daily sales operations at the University of Tulsa (TU) Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC), with the goal of generating and increasing ticket revenue through outbound and inbound sales call strategies, visiting local organizations and businesses, and working with Golden Hurricane Sports Properties to leverage Corporate Partner relationships to enhance current and future ticket sales. This individual will partner with Ticket Operations and Marketing to build an overall positive sales culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the principal liaison of the Aspire Group with the TU Athletic Department.
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging our employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued:
- Recruit and hire a Sales and Service team with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Train and supervise Sales and Service staff.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals, follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain Sales and Service staff for future succession within the department and The Aspire Group organization.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies, including an acute focus on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Discrimination and Harassment policies, engaging with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Run day-to-day operations of the new Fan Relationship Management Center profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Provide high levels of customer service to all current/potential ticket holders and University donors.
- Establish revenue targets, including minimum levels of sales activity.
- Sell new and renewal full-seasons, partial plans, group ticket plans, individual game tickets and Golden Hurricane Club donations.
- Ensure accurate records of all prospecting activities and sales are maintained in ticketing database.
- Responsible for personal sales goals.
- Build database with qualified prospects via industry best practices at games, events and through general prospecting.
- Develop sales plans and strategies to increase ticket revenue and attendance at all TU sporting.
- Develop strategies to sell premium-seating for Football and Men’s Basketball, and to enhance season ticket holder experience.
- Communicate Ticket Sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Provide recommendations to The Aspire Group and TU Athletic Department on marketing, promotions, sales strategies and community ticket/ sampling programs etc.
- Continually develop the Ticket Sales program in the following areas: new business generation, sales leadership, development of sales strategies, sales training, development of best sales practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with Ticket Operations and Marketing to develop forecasting reports, and provide analysis and recommendations for external departments.
- Grow business significantly each year.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability reports.
- Handle accounting and commission reporting.
- Attend promotional and community events to increase and drive sales.
- Perform essential game day responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of three (3) years in Ticket Sales and one (1) year sales management is required.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Experience with ticketing software and CRM programs, including ticketing and revenue reporting.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytic, administrative and time management skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to remain focused and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective problem-solving ability.
- Professional image and demeanor in all circumstances.
- Ability to effectively coach and manage others.
- Available to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings, and on weekends and some holidays as required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn and annual bonus and monthly commission. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.