Sales and Service Manager – Northeastern University - The Aspire Group
The Aspire Group jobs
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Manager, Sales and Service
Senior Vice President – Fan Relationship Management and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Aspire Group
Boston, MA 02115
Expiration Date: 11/06/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research, ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement, and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Partnership: Northeastern University Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Boston, MA. Northeastern Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Northeastern Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every client. Northeastern Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Position Overview: Northeastern Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a positive and passionate individual who is committed to leading a best-in-class sales and service team. Manager of Sales and Service has the responsibility of managing staff and overseeing ticket sales responsibilities for all ticketed sports to generate new revenue and service existing accounts. The Manager will be integral in the development of ticket sales & service strategies.
This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts, passionate about staff leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees
Position will oversee and sell tickets for ticketed sports through outbound, inbound and renewal sales, as well as manage the inbound ticket sales phone line, in an effort to “upsell” conventional fans into packages that increase their level of spend, and/or their level of avidity for NU Athletics. Sports may include Hockey, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, and any other ticketed sports. Inventory available for sale may include: season tickets, season ticket upgrades, upsells & add-ons, group ticket packages, partial/mini-plan packages, and single game tickets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging our employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued:
- When needed, recruit and hire sales and service team members with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Train and supervise Sales and Service staff.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals, follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain Sales and Service staff for future succession within the department and The Aspire Group organization.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies, including an acute focus on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Discrimination and Harassment policies, engaging with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Sell tickets for ticketed sports through outbound, inbound and renewal sales.
- Develop and execute approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget.
- Serve as a member of the external operations team.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Fan Relationship Management Center profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Responsible for personal sales goals and contributing to annual revenue growth.
- Prospect and target new sales opportunities to include season tickets, group tickets and donations.
- Execute annual business and sales plan goals and operating budget.
- Ongoing development of New Ticket Sales and Ticket Service program in the following areas: new business generation, season tickets, sales leadership, development of sales & service strategies, sales & service training, development of best practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Leads in the development of ticket marketing, promotions, ticket pricing, sales strategies and community ticket/sampling programs, etc.
- Work with the university liaison to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1-2 years of sports ticket sales experience with a minimum of 1 year in ticket sales. or service, ticketing management, and/or team leader preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail-oriented.
- Experience with ticketing software and CRM program preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills. Must be able to communicate equally well with executives, staff, and fans at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Proven ability to effectively coach and manage others.
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Ability to work well with others and confidence when taking initiative.
- Available to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus and commission upon meeting or exceeding sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits, and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.