Sales and Service Consultant – Purdue University - The Aspire Group
The Aspire Group jobs
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Consultant, Sales and Service
Senior Director, Sales and Service
The Aspire Group
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Expiration Date: 10/03/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: Purdue University Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in West Lafayette, IN. The Purdue University Division of Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Purdue University Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. Purdue University Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: Purdue University Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual who is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader. The associate should be passionate about and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Sales and Service Consultant’s revenue will be generated primarily from outbound phone calls, venue tours, email/text communication, and face-to-face appointments/presentations. The focus will be on a focus on Football, Women’s Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Men’s Basketball, and Women’s Basketball, along with all ticketed sporting events. Inventory available for sale includes, but is not limited to:
- Season tickets (renewals)
- Season tickets (new business)
- Season ticket upgrades and add-ons
- Group tickets
- Partial/ Mini-Plan ticket packages
- Single game tickets
Day-to-day leadership and mentoring of this position will be provided by the Senior Director and other Aspire Leadership. Sales and Service Consultants will receive the tools, programs, and systems necessary to "BE GREAT."
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform sales and relationship cultivation phone calls, messages (electronic, mailings, etc.) with season ticket holders, sponsors, businesses, individuals, groups and prospective buyers, with
- Service the inbound ticket sales phone line to answer general fan questions and sell ticket packages.
- Provide superior customer service to Purdue fans.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service.
- Grow sales significantly each week by attracting additional business leads.
- Maintain computerized records of all prospects and customers within Ticketing/ CRM database.
- Work home games, performing various ticket sales and service duties as assigned and agreed upon with leadership.
- Contact area businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments and networking events to sell season tickets, corporate, partial plans and group ticket plans.
- Execute 65-80 outbound sales activities daily.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented.
- A genuine desire to help people.
- Experience in ticket sales and ticketing software is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative.
- Ability to encourage collaboration, flexibility, equity and inclusion that enables colleagues to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.