Manager, Ticket Operations - University of Texas at El Paso - The Aspire Group (El Paso · TX)
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in El Paso · TX
Ticket Operations: Box Office Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Manager, Ticket Operations
Director, Sales and Service
University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
El Paso, TX 79968
Expiration Date: 11/06/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Partnership: The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in El Paso, TX. The UTEP Athletics Department has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. The University of Texas at El Paso and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: UTEP Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual who is committed to being a leader in the UTEP Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC). This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts, passionate about staff leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of all employees.
The Manager of Ticket Operations is responsible for managing all aspects of ticket operations and ticket office functions, including, but limited to, day-to-day operations of ticket office, policy and procedure development and implementation, ticketing system administration, as well as management, reconciliation and reporting of financials. This position manages the Assistant Manager of Ticket Operations and student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued to:
- Assist in recruiting and hiring ticket office and event staff with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Train and supervise ticket office and event staff.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals, follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain ticket office and gameday staff.
- Ensure thorough understanding and adherence to all policies and procedures regarding public relations, operational goals, accounting standards, confidentiality, NCAA rules and regulations concerning ticket sales and distribution, and computer operation.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies, including an acute focus on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Discrimination and Harassment policies, engaging with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Oversees day-to-day and event operations of the ticket office, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Manages all aspects of customer service as it relates to both internal and external customers, enforcing customer service program and other corporate initiatives.
- Supervises and maintains accurate financials, accounting records and detailed reporting for ticket sales and income for the Athletic Ticket Office, including reconciliation for all daily reports (e.g., reconciling box office receipts, sales reports and deposits) monthly reports, event settlement, and reconciling with the finance department as requested.
- Manages all accounting functions within department including budget transfers, payroll deductions, refund checks, etc, year-end reconciliation, and coordinates with Athletics Business Office to prepare for yearly NCAA audits.
- Acts as systems administrator for ticketing system and liaison between staff, promoters, presenters and the facility for applicable venues, including but not limited to:
- Managing all information being sent and posted through ticketing system.
- Programming and functionality for UTEP’s revenue ticket sales webpage.
- Programming best practice and procedures, season renewals, inventory management, a-z program building.
- Creating and building facility manifests for each sport, reconciles game day events, and deposits ticket revenue.
- Testing new concert/events, routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Investigating and resolves ticket-related issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers, and updates/relays all box-office related event information to each department and client.
- Collects ticket monies, tracks accounts payable/receivable, follows up on past due invoices, processes payments, enrolls season ticket holders in payment plans.
- Processes/fills approved charity tickets requests and documents all complimentary tickets issued.
- Communicates with the Conference on ticket distributions for the regular season.
- Serves as department liaison with students, faculty, staff, Alumni Association, and the general public.
- Assists in the development of marketing and promotional activities.
- Evaluates sales/marketing/project-related materials and proposed actions, analyzes challenges or consequences, identifies alternative actions/solutions, and implements recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of ticket operations experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience and working knowledge of ticketing systems, Salesforce, and/or KORE Software is strongly preferred.
- Computer and Microsoft Office application proficient, with advanced-level Excel skills preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong analytic, administrative and time management skills, as well as the ability to be flexible.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Organized and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to with quickly develop positive relationships.
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, athletic and other special events, evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.