John Purdue Club Consultant - Purdue University - The Aspire Group (West Lafayette · IN)
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in West Lafayette · IN
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Fan Relations and Development Associate
Senior Director, Sales and Service | The Aspire Group
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Expiration Date: 10/03/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com .
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training program in the sport industry.
Partnership: Purdue University Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in West Lafayette, IN. The Purdue University Division of Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Purdue University Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. Purdue University Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: Purdue University Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual who is committed to becoming a sports sales and development industry leader. The associate should be passionate about and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. The Fan Relationship and Development Associate (FRDA) will perform outbound sales calls as well as assist in the strategizing of development activities to increase donations to the athletic department. These calls will be supplemented with email marketing, face-to-face presentations and in-arena/stadium tours. Day-to-day leadership and mentoring of this position will be provided by the Aspire Leadership. FRDAs will receive the tools, programs, and systems necessary to "BE GREAT."
The primary purpose of this role will be 1) soliciting new and incremental donations for the John Purdue Club (JPC) 2) Managing donor and ticket programs 3) selling athletic event tickets 4) providing service to donors and season ticket holders and 5) helping manage ticket operations as needed. This role plays an important role in all fundraising and donations activities including outreach, phone calls, emails, activities, and special events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the acquisition, advancement and retention of John Purdue Club members by working with the marketing team to develop and produce solicitations, renewals, and marketing materials.
- Create, plan, and manage innovative annual giving initiatives and programs to drive annual giving growth in both members and cash donations.
- Advise prospective donors on possible capital gift programs to support Purdue Athletics.
- Build and manage portfolio of advancement prospects, meeting annual goals set each year.
- Provide customer service/support and membership assistance to donors over the phone, via email, and at athletic and John Purdue Club events.
- Make phone calls to donors and prospects to secure donations.
- Utilize game days to visit and advance donor/prospect support of Purdue Athletics.
- Represent John Purdue Club at on and off campus events to increase donations and members; may involve travel.
Athletic Event Ticket Sales:
- Duties include performing outbound calls. The ideal candidate will concentrate on Football, Women’s Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Men’s Basketball, and Women’s Basketball, along with all ticketed sporting events.
- Inventory which is available for sale from the Purdue FRMC include, but not limited to:
- Season tickets (renewals)
- Season tickets (new business)
- Season ticket upgrades and add-ons
- Group tickets
- Partial/ Mini-Plan ticket packages
- Single game tickets
- Act as the principal liaison of The Aspire Group with the Athletic Department.
- Make recruiting visits to campus, assist in the recruiting, hiring, and training of new fan relations and development staff utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging our employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued. Assists with hiring team members with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Grow business significantly each year.
- Develop, present and communicate Ticket Sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket and group sales target markets.
- Create, plan and manage donor and ticket programs throughout the year. Communicate and implement special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Provide recommendations to The Aspire Group and the partner on marketing, promotions, sales strategies and community ticket/ sampling programs etc.
- Work at athletic events representing ticket operations.
- Assist with inbound ticket office phone line. Respond to inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned by the University Athletic Department.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire and passion to grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics.
- 1-3 years sports ticket sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel to meet prospective donors.
- Previous experience in related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in athletics and/or professional and higher education fund-raising, or related field.
- Strong work ethic and ability to use creativity when solving problems.
- Ability to encourage collaboration, flexibility, equity and inclusion that enables team members to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported.
- An established, aggressive, and successful salesperson with proven self-motivational skills.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented.
- Experience with Paciolan and Salesforce ticketing Software or similar product preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of laws, practices, and philosophy of charitable giving.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills. Communicate equally well with executives, staff and fans at all levels and be comfortable in a very close supervisory and intense training environment.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative.
Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding ticket/development sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.