Development Director – University of Tulsa - The Aspire Group
The Aspire Group jobs
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Fundraising/Major Gifts
Senior Vice President – Fan Relationship Management and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
University of Tulsa
Tulsa, OK 74104
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing, and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level.
Partnership: The University of Tulsa Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Tulsa, Oklahoma. University of Tulsa Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution, and is led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. University of Tulsa Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall annual fund growth, passionate about leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
This position will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors involved in annual membership activities for The University of Tulsa Department of Athletics. These responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference and University rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manages the annual fund program that supports the Department of Athletics.
- Designs, executes and administers the annual membership drive, including the establishment of goals, campaign timelines, and appropriate stewardship of all donors to the Golden Hurricane Club.
- Primary liaison for inquires by donors regarding donations, gift processing, etc.
- Develops and accurately communicates Golden Hurricane Club messaging, including responding to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintains weekly visit schedule consisting of current and prospective donors to athletics.
- Cultivates, solicits and stewards annual gifts up to $30k from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations.
- Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of membership benefits, including receipting of annual gifts to the Golden Hurricane Club.
- Manages donor and football tailgate parking programs.
- Assist with the design of compelling donor recognition/involvement programs.
- Files timely and accurate contact reports on donor calls to ensure information sharing.
- Directly assists in all special events that are specific to athletics as directed by the Associate AD for Development as well as select University events.
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging our employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued, assists in supervision of Department Assistant and Development Assistant
- Works closely with the development staff to manage departmental operating budget.
- Attends home athletic contests or events as assigned.
- Travels to away athletic contests or events as needed.
- Represents the University at conference meetings when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience is required, with (3) years of experience in intercollegiate athletics fundraising, including annual fund, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of Paciolan is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to with quickly develop positive relationships.
- Detail oriented with strong analytic, administrative and time management skills, as well as the ability to be flexible.
- Highly organized with an ability to remain focused and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective problem-solving ability and ability to build consensus.
- Professional image and demeanor in all circumstances, with ability to professionally represent The University of Tulsa.
- Strong sense of team.
- Ability to effectively coach and supervise others.
- Experience managing parking and organizing volunteers is preferred but not required.
- Available to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings, and on weekends and some holidays as required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn monthly commission. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.