Assistant Manager of Sales and Service – Ball State University - The Aspire Group (Muncie · IN)
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Muncie · IN
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Assistant Manager, Sales and Service
Regional Director, Sales and Service
The Aspire Group
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Expiration Date: 10/15/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About: Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: Ball State University Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Muncie, IN. The Ball State Athletics Department has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. The Ball State University and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: Ball State University Athletics and The Aspire Group seek an Assistant Manager, Sales and Service with the responsibility of performing ticket sales responsibilities for all ticketed sports to generate new revenue and service existing accounts. The role will also be responsible for daily administration of the Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) and assist in the development of ticket sales and service strategies. This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts, passionate about leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
The Assistant Manager will sell ticketed sports including, but not limited Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Football, Baseball, and a full menu of products – new and renewal season tickets, partial season ticket plans, group ticket plans and individual game tickets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary liaison of the Aspire Group with the Ball State Athletic Department.
- Coordinating day-to-day operations of the Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Sell tickets for ticketed sports through outbound, inbound and renewal sales.
- Conduct daily sales and relationship cultivation phone calls, messages (electronic, mailings, etc.) with season ticket holders, sponsors, businesses, individuals, groups and prospective buyers.
- Service the inbound ticket sales phone line to answer general fan questions and sell ticket packages.
- Prospect and target new sales opportunities to include season tickets, group tickets and Athletic Fund donations.
- Build database with qualified prospects via industry best practices at games, events and through general prospecting.
- Provide superior customer service to Ball State fans.
- Responsible for personal sales goals and contributing to annual revenue growth.
- Assist in the development of ticket marketing, promotions, ticket pricing, sales strategies and community ticket/sampling programs, etc.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Work with the university liaison to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Ongoing development of New Ticket Sales and Ticket Service program in the following areas: new business generation, season tickets, development of sales and service strategies, development of best practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Assist in the development and entire execution of approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget.
- Manage a book of business of donors and season ticket holders.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability, as well as relevant communications of those results.
- Completion of FRMC Administrative tasks such as invoice delivery, submission of time cards, sales commissions, monthly FRMC expenses, etc., in accordance with Aspire Annual Administrative Calendar.
- Serve as a member of the external operations team.
- Grow business each year.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics
- 2+ years of ticket sales experience required, along with a proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
- 1 year in ticket sales management/ team leader preferred.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail-oriented.
- Experience with ticketing software and CRM program preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and listening skills.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to remain focused and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Ability to work well with others and confidence when taking initiative.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Available to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.