JMI Sports is seeking an experienced sales executive to sell corporate sponsorship packages including innovative and conceptual platforms, along with traditional assets like local radio, television, print and digital media. Our University of Kentucky property represents both athletics and campus partnership opportunities. Must have a proven ability to develop and present creative proposals to clients, interpret marketing needs and convert them into achievable programs, and closing sales to deliver client revenue and company sales goals. Sales experience within a sports and/or university environment a plus. A successful candidate must be extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This full-time position is offered in Lexington, KY, with occasional local and regional travel.
JMI Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.
- Collaborate with property leadership on priorities and strategies to increase revenues on the property
- Implement effective and measurable sales strategies that will drive revenue to the property, deliver value to partners, and enhance the fan experience
- Create a research-based prospect pipeline and sales outreach strategy that cultivates industries and companies for sponsorship and marketing partnerships
- Collaborate with internal team members and external partners to ideate, develop, and pitch strategic marketing platforms for new prospects and sponsors
- Develop and maintain new relationships with top brand decision-makers and advertising agencies
- Implement best practices developed by Company leadership to achieve exceptional results in-line with Company’s mission of partnership driven, white-glove, consultative sales
- Create sponsorship and marketing presentations
- Achieve and exceed New Partnhership sales goals by negotiating and closing sponsorship sales by implementing consultative sales strategies and objective-based programming to generate revenue streams for the property
- Secure and conduct face-to-face sales meetings by leveraging relationships, networking, prospecting and cold calling
- Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with legal counsel through contract execution, including renewals and upsales
- Provide financial analysis of sponsorship deals detailing gross fee, activation costs, and net sponsorship
- Collaborate with property staff to ensure exceptional activation and fulfillment including deliverance of all promised assets to sponsors
- Maintain detailed CRM records of all prospects, sales activities, contracts and billing
- Contribute innovative and impactful thoughts or actions to boost revenues on the property and for the Company
- 3-5+ years of successful and creative sponsorship/advertising/media sales/premium ticket sales experience
- Understanding of sponsorship sales, event marketing and activation process
- Knowledge and familiarity with Higher Education, the NCAA and collegiate athletics
- Understanding of digital media and media/advertising buys
- Ability to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- Ability to quickly grasp consultative sales techniques
- Excellence in pitching, negotiating and closing advertising or sponsorship deals
- Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and immediately respond to client requests
- Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs
- Organized, self-motivated and curious
- Professional communication skills, including strong writing abilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Applicants with experience using a comprehensive CRM system are preferred
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a leading media rights and venue development company providing management of collegiate multimedia rights, sponsorship sales agency representation, and highly regarded project management expertise to the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities. The company serves to maximize each client’s economic potential through customized initiatives, from marketing and branding solutions to facility design strategies that bring each client’s vision to fruition. JMI Sports manages an impressive list of signature collegiate multimedia rights partnerships including, the University of Kentucky, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Pittsburgh, Harvard University, DePaul University and joint-venture properties of the University of Georgia and Columbia University (with Learfield IMG College), and University of Notre Dame (with Legends). JMI Sports also represents several high-profile conferences including the Ivy League, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Southern Conference, the Patriot League, and the Atlantic 10 Conference. Additionally, JMI Sports serves as third-party sales representation for premier sports properties, venues and events including the Breeders’ Cup Championships, Clemson University, Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center, The Armory in New York City, the Millrose Games, and the Penn Relays. The company’s facility development team is currently collaborating with Legends on the new Aztec Stadium and Mission Valley development for San Diego State University in San Diego, CA. Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2021, JMI Sports was founded by CEO Erik Judson and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres.
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and 401k plan.