In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Hilltopper Sports Properties is LEARFIELD’s local, dedicated entity representing Western Kentucky University. In complete collaboration with the university, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the University’s brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base.
As exclusive multimedia rights holder for the University, our team manages all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with traditional, digital and other non-traditional media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; digital engagement including social media, the official athletics website, content, digital gaming and retargeting, event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and radio game broadcasts and coaches’ shows.
Our growing sponsorship business seeks an accomplished General Manager (GM) to join our team located on site in Bowling Green, KY. Our ideal GM candidate will be a strong business leader who can drive both financial and operational results. If you’re interested in combining your passion for sports with a successful track record in sales execution and leadership, we want to speak with you!
- The General Manager (GM) reports directly to the Regional Vice President and is responsible for managing the sports property efforts to ensure the highest attainable level of success. This includes:
- Developing strong relationships within the department
- Understanding the strategic goals and objectives of the department
- Determining University’s fit within primary business market
- Deliver on individual and team revenue goals through the selling of integrated marketing packages using traditional, digital and other non-traditional marketing channels to meet client’s objectives
- Develop and maintain strong, lasting relationships with both current and potential corporate sponsors
- Develop, implement and review strategic business plans, including sales/financial performance and new product development
- Partner with Regional Vice President to develop an annual fiscal budget for the entire property
- Manage a Director of Ticket Sales and Service and provide oversight for the LEARFIELD Amplify local ticket sales team
- Ensure sales team effectively leverages internal support groups such as Integrated Marketing, Research and Digital in order to drive sales
- Supervise the school’s respective broadcasting talent and work closely with LEARFIELD operations/production staff to ensure the highest quality in programming, production, syndication, coverage and presentation.
- Help recruit, manage and train all support staff, including Coordinators (activation staff), game day assistants, and any third party vendors who participate in the execution of property related activities
- Develop and model a strong team-based selling culture, where encouragement and partnership are recognized and rewarded
- Maintain flexible work hours including sporting and non-sporting events that may occur on weeknights or weekends
- 8+ years selling comprehensive integrated sports marketing partnerships including major media elements (signage, radio, social, digital, etc.) or other relevant B2B sales experience
- Ability to analyze a client’s traditional, digital and non-traditional marketing needs based on the customer’s marketing targets and objectives, and craft an integrated marketing solution(s) to meet those needs
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, including but not limited to social media, content marketing, banner ads, mobile, retargeting and websites, including interpreting performance analytics for all areas.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated effectiveness hiring, developing and promoting top sales talent
- High energy level coupled with a strong drive for results
- Able to develop and execute strategic plans in order to meet both short and long term business objectives
- Effective problem solving abilities
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty
- Manage time effectively and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective communication, organizational, presentation, and listening skills
- Previous experience in sports and/or higher education preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university
LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Our suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; and campus-wide business and sponsorship development.
Our people-first culture is the foundation of our business and is reflective of our approach to building meaningful relationships with our employees, partners, and fans. The company strives each day to deliver the mission statement and embody the core values that make LEARFIELD an exciting place to work.
Powering the connection of fans to the brands and experiences they love.
Our Core Values
Build Trust | Be Fans of One Another | Power Tomorrow | Create & Connect Communities | Have Fun
LEARFIELD offers a full spectrum of benefits for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance and Other Insurance Plans, Flexible Paid Time Off (including Parental Leave), Paid Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.