The University of Southern California Athletic Department
Organization: University of Southern California
Locations: Galen Center & Athletic Facilities
USC Campus: Galen Center
Dept. Building: Galen Center
3400 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90089
This position will coordinate the daily administrative functions for the Galen Center. Will provide
support to the Director of Booking and General Manager of the Galen Center. They will have direct
oversight of the daily scheduling, access control, and maintain office efficiency. Assists in the
administration of fiscal resources to meet a variety of ongoing and emergent priorities. Reviews,
prioritizes, responds to correspondence and disseminates information.
Job Title: Facilities and Operations Coordinator
Hours per week: No set schedule. May be required to work weekends, evening and/or holidays.
- Establishes and organizes office standards and procedures. Assists in developing and coordinating implementation of building policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains systems for administration of records, including electronic files and databases. Designs filing systems and ensures systems are maintained and up to date.
- Maintains office efficiency. Plans and implements office systems. Checks stock to determine inventory levels and anticipates needed supplies.
- Reviews, prioritizes and responds to correspondence and incoming calls directed to the Galen Center. Researches requested information or takes necessary steps to address issues and resolve problems.
- Acts as liaison between building constituents. Communicates information, work orders, priorities, and special requests. Monitors status of pending items and follows up as needed.
- Researches, organizes, and summarizes different reports. Prepares documents and correspondence for building constituents, including emails, memos and presentations.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of events. Develops promotional materials for digital and print media.
- Collects key and access requests and distributes access in accordance with building policies.
- Maintains and coordinates building schedules to include practice and event spaces.
- Works collaboratively with the various facility managers, building personnel, and coaching staffs to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Other duties to be assigned by the General Manager of the Galen Center
- Assure compliance with NCAA, PAC-12, and University protocols
- Assure compliance with University purchasing protocols
- Must pass required background screening
- Bachelor’s Degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Successful experience working in a team environment and the ability to promote a team atmosphere with all employees
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and clients by utilizing outstanding interpersonal skills
- Possess strong business acumen and negotiation tactics
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with many varied audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience using sound judgment in situations requiring independent initiative and tact
- Must be able to overcome obstacles independently, comfortable making decisions, and take full ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to work nights, evenings, and weekend
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 30th 2021