The USC Galen Center is in search of a Chef Manager to lead our culinary operations. The successful candidate would be responsible for culinary execution during both USC and non-USC events.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree, and two to three years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service
- Experienced and proficient in the latest sanitation and HACCP standards
- Ability to control cost - food & labor
- Understanding, support, and development of sustainable cuisine
- Experience in demonstration cooking
- Menu writing and development ability
- Computer literacy including word processing and presentation software
- People management and culinary leadership experience
- Personnel development and training.
- Organizational skills and ability to introduce or implement and execute S & E culinary program and brand development.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Working in a Union house environment.