Duties and Responsibilities
- During games, host will execute all on field, on-ice and in-crowd promotions, both sponsored and un-sponsored, as set forth in the game-by-game script and rundown.
- Attend all meetings related to game presentation.
- Appear in public as one of the voices of the Wildcats at requested community and/or sponsored events. This includes positively interacting with the community at all requested community events.
- Host will abide by all NCAA rules and procedures and follow the requests of University of New Hampshire staff.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Able to demonstrate a strong on-camera presence, highlighting poise, professionalism, likeability, approachability, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Creative and new personality with ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Can create positive energy using both voice and body language.
- Attend game day meetings and on field/on-ice rehearsals held prior to games.
- Knowledge of NCAA Football & Hockey rules and regulations.
- Flexible hours and available to work all Wildcat home Football & Hockey games including preseason and post season if applicable.
- Self-starter, dedicated, and highly-motivated.
- Ability to take feedback and implement into performance.
- Present yourself in a professional manner while in public and while working with internal staff. This includes all social media platforms.
- Able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time.
- At least two (1) years of announcing/hosting experience. In-game presentation experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Submissions must include resume and performance reel no longer than 2 minutes in length. Video reels are mandatory with application submission. Video submissions are open-ended; submissions may include a reel, a video bio, a combination, or any other format that showcases the applicant’s personality and uniqueness. The recommended format for the video submission is an unlisted YouTube or Vimeo link.
Invitations will be sent to potential candidates that are invited to attend an in-arena audition.