The Digital Marketing & Analytics Specialist will be responsible for several important digital marketing, retail and analytics initiatives including email marketing, analytics/reporting, inventory management, website advertising, mobile messaging, and more. The ideal candidate will leverage all digital marketing channels to drive ecommerce site traffic, sales, and customer base growth.
This position will work closely with the Director, Consumer Marketing & CRM Strategy to ensure external messaging is consistent and on point with the University of Miami Hurricanes brand. The Digital Marketing & Analytics Specialist will have a hand in engaging with millions of fans, customers and stakeholders of one of the nation’s premiere collegiate sports brands and thus this person must be an excellent communicator and leader who easily contributes with internal and external teams and partners.
- Lead the University of Miami Hurricanes’ digital marketing strategy for all Fanatics and retail marketing initiatives.
- Serve as the department’s digital marketing analyst with an emphasis on strengthening data collection and analysis.
- Oversee all components of the retail marketing strategy including selecting which products to market, aligning with Fanatics on promotions, working with the creative team to develop collateral, using segmentation tools to select target audiences and building and sending email marketing messages.
- Lead the email marketing strategy and execution including developing, building, testing, and optimizing highly segmented email campaigns.
- Manage several aspects of the Fanatics Authentics’ program including working with equipment staff to coordinate logistics between UM and Fanatics of team-issued and game-used inventory.
- Develop reporting documents and dashboards for digital marketing efforts and measure performance and results of campaigns to provide analysis to digital marketing team and other departments.
- Assist with analyzing the performance of digital marketing channels via various analytics platforms.
- Manage mobile app push notification strategy, in-app experiences and website management for assigned areas.
- Serve as primary liaison with Fanatics.
- Assist consumer marketing team with revenue generating initiatives including efforts related to ticket sales, donations, content promotion and more.
- Identify ways to convert retail purchasers to ticket consumers and donors; and ways to convert ticket consumers and donors into regular retail purchasers.
- Assist with day-to-day management of Hurricanes NFT platform, Canes Vault, including ideation, creative development, minting, marketing, inventory management and fulfilment.
- Build customer segments, customer journeys and advertising campaigns in Oracle Eloqua to drive Fanatics ecommerce retail sales.
- Coordinate with social media team on executing social campaigns and assist with developing landing pages, tracking tags and advertisements for MiamiHurricanes.com.
- Assist in copy writing, editing and proofreading copy for email and website.
- Work closely with Director, Consumer Marketing & CRM Strategy to coordinate comprehensive content calendar.
- Work closely with Director, Consumer Marketing & CRM Strategy to initiate and develop content for all digital marketing channels, including email, website, search, social media, etc.
- Degree in marketing or communications or similar field.
- One-to-two years of digital marketing and/or email marketing experience; agency, sports or corporate retail industry experience a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite of tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience visualizing data for consumption by various stakeholder from executive leadership to peers across several departments.
- Working knowledge of web analytics and reporting tools (Such as: Google Analytics)
- Working knowledge of Oracle Eloqua or a similar email marketing platform
- Understanding of email marketing strategy and best practices.
- Exceptional writing, editing and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong ability to think strategically, creatively and quickly.
- Ability to work within a team to accomplish business goals.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and deliver multiple projects at once within strict deadlines.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.