UCF Athletics at the University of Central Florida, an NCAA Division I institution and American Athletic Conference (The American) member, is seeking applications for the position of Director, Partnership Activation.
As a member of a progressive Corporate Partnerships team, position is engaged in the management and fulfillment of UCFAA corporate partnership programming within UCF, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops / maintains active database of current partnership contracts for reporting purposes, to include all terms and fulfillment needs. Collaborates with both internal, external, and University departments in ensuring all aspects of the partnership agreement are fulfilled and documented as appropriate
- Builds client relationships with current and potential sponsors through superior customer service. Plays a key role in partner retention by constantly communicating and stewarding partners via in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails
- Responsible for all gameday activations and ensuring the needs of the clients have been fulfilled. Other Gameday responsibilities may apply where appropriate
- Researches trends / standards / best practices, and collaborates with sales team in the generation of persuasive sales presentations / proposals to potential business partners as appropriate
- Collaborates with internal team in the collection and reconciliation of associated revenue. Contacts contracted partners relative to contract fulfillment and sponsor retention as appropriate
- Collaborates with external team (Brand Advancement, Charge On Fund, Tickets, Video Production, etc.) in generating greater awareness of the UCF brand and sport to enhance interest and attendance while maximizing overall revenue opportunities
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four (4) years of appropriate experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage the expectations of the external partners and C-Suite personnel, in addition to the internal client.
- Business aptitude with the ability to understand the varying needs of the client, and their organizational goals to help create innovative revenue generating programs
- Team or sports industry knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Photoshop and proficiency in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Mail Merges.
As a UCF Athletics staff member, the selected candidate will be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules as they apply to the UCF Athletics program
Cover letter, resume, and three professional references will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: the person selected for this position will be employed by UCF Athletics, which is a Direct Support Organization (DSO) of the University of Central Florida.
UCF Athletics is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity, and fosters an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive for all members of our community. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Our mission is to positively transform the lives of our students academically, athletically, and personally through a nationally competitive intercollegiate athletics program that enhances the reputation and visibility of the University. We strive to be Florida's preeminent athletic program representing UCF and our community with distinction on the national stage as "Orlando's Hometown Team". To learn more about UCF and Athletics, please visit our websites at www.ucf.edu and www.ucfknights.com.