UCF Athletics at the University of Central Florida, an NCAA Division I institution and American Athletic Conference (The American) member, is seeking applications for the position of Associate Director, Equipment Operations.
Under the direction of the Director of Equipment Operations, the selected candidates assist in the day-to-day management of the Athletics' Equipment Operations Office within UCF, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- management of equipment room functions for assigned olympic sports, to include baseball;
- budgeting; inventory, audit, and reconciliation of Nike account;
- supervision of student equipment managers; purchase, selection, and fitting of equipment to NOCSAE and OSHA safety standards;
- distribution, collection, inspection and maintenance of equipment; setup/breakdown of athletics sites related to area of operation;
- central receiving;
- records management.
- Position often requires work on evenings, weekends, and holidays, in addition to occasional travel.
- Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 2 years of appropriate experience.
- Prefer equipment operations experience at the NCAA Division I level, and AEMA certification.
- As a UCF Athletics staff member, the selected candidate will be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules as they apply to the UCF Athletics program.
Cover letter, resume, and three professional references will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: the person selected for this position will be employed by UCF Athletics, which is a Direct Support Organization (DSO) of the University of Central Florida.
UCF Athletics is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity, and fosters an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive for all members of our community. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Our mission is to positively transform the lives of our students academically, athletically, and personally through a nationally competitive intercollegiate athletics program that enhances the reputation and visibility of the University. We strive to be Florida's preeminent athletic program representing UCF and our community with distinction on the national stage as "Orlando's Hometown Team". To learn more about UCF and Athletics, please visit our websites at www.ucf.edu and www.ucfknights.com.