The Development Intern will play a critical role in the daily operations of the Terrapin Club. This individual will gain practical experience that will prepare them for a full-time opportunity in college athletics development. The position will perform duties including but not limited to: providing general office support to Terrapin Club staff; managing a portfolio of 50 donors, assist in fulfilling annual membership benefits; coordinating donor cultivation and stewardship opportunities; assisting with data hygiene projects; partially overseeing student-interns; leading Terrapin Club 50/50 Raffle operations at select events; market, and promote the Terrapin Club at events serving as a game day point of contact for hospitality areas.
- Provide general office support during regular business day including but not limited to: answering the telephone, responding to emails and text messages and providing any necessary follow-up; greeting visitors to the office; and providing administrative support to Terrapin Club full-time staff
- Responsible for making phone calls to renew and upgrade Terrapin Club member donations
- Assist development staff with member benefit fulfillment including the execution of experiences for the Backstage Pass program, mailings and other stewardship initiatives
- Assist, market, and promote Terrapin Club at events and serve as a game day point of contact for donor hospitality areas
- Responsible for data hygiene projects as well as create donor bios for full-time staff
- Assist with the management and execution of the Terrapin Club Young Alumni and 30 Under 30 programs
- Partially manage student interns by assisting with on-boarding, training, task management, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of the Terrapin Club 50/50 Raffle program for select home athletic events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Communication, Business, or related field
- One year of experience with customer service
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and time management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Paciolan or similar donor management system
Submit (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) names and contact information of at least three references to Garrett Nixon at [email protected] Compensation:
$15.00/per hour (Position is for one year appointment beginning July 1, 2023) Best Consideration Date:
April 14, 2023
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.