The University of Cincinnati (UC), Department of Athletics seeks applications for a Junior Graphic Designer to work in the Bearcats Digital studio. This is a term-limited, 12-month minimum position eligible for a 12-month extension (2 years maximum) based on performance and evaluation. The position will report to the Chief Creative Officer.
This is an entry-level position for an individual interested in a career in sports. We have a proud history of placing our graduate assistants, interns and capstone students in full-time positions around the country. Upon the conclusion of the term, you will have:
- Gained significant and meaningful experience equivalent to a full-time collegiate graphic designer.
- Created content for consumption by hundreds of thousands of people on social media and in-venue.
- Accumulated supervisory experience in the management of student interns.
- Equipped yourself with the foundational knowledge, skills, networking and support necessary to pursue a full-time position.
- Generate and publish content for use across multiple digital platforms, including GoBearcats.com and team social media accounts.
- Participate in revenue generating content production, such as ticket commercials, digital and print advertising.
- Create content for in-venue video boards and other promotional purposes.
- Support the communications, digital, and video teams to create a consistent branded representation across our communication channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite specifically as it relates to graphic design.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, hardworking, team-oriented individual looking to advance in their career.
- Possess critical, creative, and innovative thinking skills.
- Experience with motion graphics, photography, and HTML/CSS a plus.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
This is a 40-hour per week, hourly position that will pay around $1,400/month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.