Syracuse University Athletics is looking for an experienced marketing and fan engagement professional that can help grow the Athletic Department brand and reach within the community and regionally. With a focus on increasing revenue, fan engagement, and game attendance, the candidate will develop sustainable marketing plans aimed to enhance the market share of their assigned sports.
Duties in assigned role:
- Develop marketing plans aimed to maximize sales revenue for the Department of Athletics.
- Responsible for oversight of all marketing, advertising, fan engagement and game atmosphere .
- Cultivate on-campus student-group focused relationships such as Residence Halls, Greek Life and Student Association; increase student attendance at all home events through renewal rewards program and Student Pass program.
- Create and maintain e-marketing campaigns as it pertains to assigned sports.
- Responsible for training, hiring, mentoring and coaching student interns.
- Create and execute collateral material (i.e. posters, schedule cards) for assigned sports.
- Collaborate with Ticket Sales to increase group sales efforts for specific games and group calls for assigned non-ticketed sports.
- Cultivate business relationships in the Syracuse community.
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary, as is
considerable experience in marketing and administrative work.
- Considerable knowledge of University organization, policies and procedures and SU Abroad centers and programs is highly desirable.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Working knowledge of all design software, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Minimum two years experience in College Athletics in marketing, promotions or sales.
- Working knowledge of game day technology software, including music and video board operations.
- Experience managing and training staff of temporary employees.
- Increase the marketing and brand reach of Syracuse Athletics through various forms of communication, including print and digital media. Responsible for assigned sport’s complete marketing plan and communication with ticket holders. Work to increase assigned ticketed sports attendance and revenue.
- Responsible for all game day marketing aspects. This includes scripting, directing, and coordinating all marketing activities for home athletic events. Collaborate with athletic department, sponsorship group, campus colleagues, and other entities in regards to game day.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of student rewards programming, as well as the Student Pass ticket sales program. Increase student attendance and ticket sales.
- Responsible for creative, coordination, and planning of all collateral material and promotional products for sport programs. This includes design work and project management.
- Manage and grow revenue opportunities related to Marketing/Fan Engagement. Included are auctions, fan contests, and any outside promotional events/tabling opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to completing an online application, please attach a resume and cover letter. Additional applications may be required.
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience. The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu. About the Syracuse area Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000. The area offers a low cost of living and provides many social, cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums, festivals,
professional regional theater, and premier shopping venues. Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites, visiting wineries along the Finger Lakes, and biking on trails along the Erie Canal.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the military-connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II, Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse University into the national research institution it is today. The University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs
designed to position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family members.
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community
Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multicultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to
promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.