Summit Athletic Media is an award-winning creative agency specializing in sports marketing and design. We assist athletic teams and organizations with their overall marketing efforts by developing dynamic print-, web- and video-based projects.
We are actively seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Sales and Marketing Coordinator. Our ideal candidate is a strong, conceptual thinker and team player who can effectively wear multiple hats and adhere to the tight schedules. We’re looking for someone who is deadline- and detail-oriented with strong project management skills and an ability to execute multiple projects at once. This position is full-time with lots of opportunity for growth.
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for generating new business for the company. This position also leads Summit’s e-mail, social media, and digital marketing strategies.
Primary Responsibilities - Sales
- Prospecting for new business through networking, cold calling, or other sales activities
- Responding to sales inquiries from new and existing customers
- Discovering new sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts
- Assessing competition by analyzing and evaluating competitor information and trends
- Conducting industry/market research
- Maintaining customer relationships with CRM
Secondary Responsibilities - Marketing
- Assembling an overall company marketing campaign for lead generation
- Executing a digital marketing plan that covers all areas including email and social media
- Growing Summit’s reach on all social media platforms
- Staying up to date on the latest trends and accepted practices in social media and marketing
- Managing company’s tradeshow booth at annual conferences
- Maintaining/updating company’s online portfolios with newly-completed projects
- Evaluating company’s online presence using Google Analytics
- Working with the creative team to develop new marketing materials
Requirements and Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the sports market
- Experience building e-mail campaigns and developing digital marketing and social media strategies
- Highly motivated, personable and extremely outgoing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as expert knowledge of social media
- Well-informed with Internet technologies, trends, and analytics
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Willingness to attend annual tradeshows across the USA as required
- Working knowledge of sports industry, both collegiate and professional
- Familiarity with graphic design and web technologies
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC software (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university required with an emphasis in Marketing, Business or Communications
- Comfortable, relaxed, and fun working environment
- Health insurance
- Vacation and personal time off
- Retirement plan
- Happy Hour Fridays!
This is an on-site, office-based position in Charlotte, NC. Compensation based on prior experience and skill set.
Interested? Please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Applications sent without these items will be ignored.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ANYONE SUGGESTING A GOOGLE CHAT INTERVIEW. THESE ARE SCAMMERS. WE WILL CONTACT SELECTED APPLICANTS DIRECTLY FROM A *.SUMMITATHLETCS.COM EMAIL ADDRESS.
No head hunters, agencies or phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.