*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 131 NCAA team championships, have won the Women’s Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Directors’ Cup for 25 of the possible 28 seasons. We also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Stanford University Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director, Technical Operations. Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, Technical Operations, this position is responsible for audio/video equipment and content management, as well as the day-to-day operations and staffing for events. The Assistant Director, Technical Operations will work with athletics department coaches and staff, third-party contractors, television production crews, and contingent staff.
Your responsibilities include:
● Overseeing, managing, and directing all day-to-day video and audio coverage for varsity events including but not limited to football, women’s volleyball, men’s volleyball, and baseball as well as postseason, University, and special events. Responsibilities include inventory control, creating and loading content, and serving as liaison for television crews.
● Overseeing contingent scheduling, and content management, including creation and loading of, and testing for varsity and outside events.
● Working with internal and external partners to develop, create, and load-in content for video board shows, voiceovers, crowd prompts, etc. including quality control and proofing. Horizontal management of peers is required to successfully accomplish this task
● Acting as a conference liaison to ensure cooperation with guidelines and provide suitable AV needs for PAC-12 competitions.
● Creating, implementing, and managing preventative maintenance plans for equipment.
● Researching and forecasting emergent technologies and trends and reporting latest innovations for in-venue video boards and game day elements.
● Working with Assistant Athletics Director, Technical Operations in planning, installing, and commissioning capital AV projects as they are fundraised for.
● Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Knowledge in analog, digital video, and audio systems are crucial for this position. Starting with camera capturing and ending with video display, the knowledge of the routing, switching and recording is a must.
● Working knowledge of non-linear video editing systems, video playback, LED displays, cameras and related hardware.
● Clear understanding of graphic design, video editing, live broadcast technology, video transcoding, graphic files, and music genres.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgement, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
● Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
● Strong ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
● Ability to successfully collaborate with other groups, especially Fan Experience, Marketing, Creative Video, Communications and sports programs.
● Demonstrated ability to lead and train staff for high performance.
● Should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
● Broad knowledge of all aspects of broadcast quality television, including field and studio camera, lighting, sound and editing.
● Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
● Extensive knowledge of Daktronics front-end and display systems.
● Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Encore DVD, Audition and various equipment such as routers, switchers, controllers and design software.
● Demonstrated ability to perform repairs on a wide variety of audio, visual and computer equipment.
● Knowledge in fiber systems.
At DAPER we know diverse teams make better decisions for everyone, so we encourage people of all abilities and backgrounds to apply.
Research has shown that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the listed qualifications; however, women and those in other underrepresented groups tend to only apply when they match every criterion. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting
this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven
to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
● Freedom to grow.
We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader
speak. ● A caring culture.
We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family
● A healthier you.
Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
● Discovery and fun.
Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
● Enviable resources.
Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.