Title: Manager, Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Location: San Francisco
The Manager, Marketing is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans for all Pac-12 Conference events, championships and initiatives. With over 40 Pac-12 championships, events and meetings, this position has a direct impact on the growth of the brand, the experience of the student-athlete and opportunity to showcase the Conference of Champions.
This position works closely with highly motivated teams, Pac-12 Networks, Pac-12 membership and event partners and vendors.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and execute strategic marketing roadmap for the Pac-12 Conference to drive the Conference’s growth strategy
- Create and launch Conference events and Championships as effective promotions for the brand; creating media and communications value while enhancing the experience for student-athletes
- Produce marketing / PR campaigns that achieve specific goals and objectives of the Conference across all sports (i.e. Community platform, Title IX Anniversary)
- Collaborate with Conference departments to create and launch 40+ Pac-12 events, meetings and championships from concept through production
- Run Community platform and produce community events
- Manage annual event and campaign budget
- Liaise with Pac-12 Digital and Communication departments regarding new media implementation at Pac-12 events
- Assist with hotel partner coordination, ticket, credential, parking pass allocation and distribution for Pac-12 events
- Direct the organization of band & spirit squad schedules, team media appearances and other PR related event needs
- Partner with ticketing / marketing planning and execution for Football Championship Game and Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments including media buying and measurement
- Work with Sponsorship team to develop & execute new partner and sponsorship activation opportunities at Conference Pac-12 events
Branding & Collateral
- Work with Mixed Media Specialist to support initiatives and events; logo development, web design, merchandise, special event / championship needs, video content, etc.
- Manage event facility and uniform branding for regular season & championships.
- Control Uniform Branding (as per outlined in our style guide) as liaison with twelve institutional Equipment Mangers to ensure brand compliance.
- Preside over signage / collateral / merchandise / props library for Conference events
- Manage 3rd party vendors and contracts for events, including RFP process
Management & Leadership
- Provide energetic leadership for internal and external events
- Liaison with Pac-12 member institutions’ Marketing Directors to support and integrate marketing activities and facilitate best practices and execute annual campaigns
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree required –Communications, Communication Arts, Marketing or Sports Marketing preferred
- Sports knowledge required
- Must have 5+ years Of event planning / agency experience
- Ability to plan and manage multiple events and projects, in different stages, concurrently
- Comfortable in leading teams to meet goals; an influencer and is known as a team player
- A concise and clear communicator; super organized; creative problem solver
- Strong Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook. PowerPoint), Photoshop, AutoCAD, Illustrator, event management software a plus
- Extensive travel 40%+, including weekends and evenings when needed
- Must be able to roll up sleeves and work in a fast-paced environment and lift / carry items that are 40 lbs. or less
The Pac-12 celebrates the uniqueness of our people, and we are committed to creating an environment that cultivates diverse ideas to propel innovation. The Pac-12 is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a talented diverse community. As allies, we continue to build an environment that welcomes all genders, ethnicities, sexualities, religions, physical and mental abilities, and backgrounds to promote diversity and inclusion. The Pac-12 is committed to serving our 12 universities and champions a workforce that represents the populations of the student-athletes and programs that we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.