POSITION: Coordinator, Events
REPORTS TO: Chief Administrative Officer
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
Responsible for the coordination and execution of all events, community outreach events and programs.
Orange Bowl Events
- Responsible for the direction, supervision, coordination and implementation of all aspects of the Orange Bowl Events assigned, including but not limited to:
- Orange Bowl Kickoff Party
- Orange Bowl Coaches Luncheon
- Orange Bowl Rhapsody
- Orange Bowl Fan Fest
- Orange Bowl VIP Pregame Party
- Orange Bowl President’s Dinner (In Semifinal Years)
Job duties of each event above include but not limited to:
- Develop and manage annual budgets
- Overall coordination of event day logistics.
- Responsible for coordination between OBC departments including Media,
- Marketing, Sales, Ticket Operations, Business and Executive.
- Primary liaison to event facilities.
- Co-produce event manual & script with Marketing department.
- Coordinate with facility to provide housekeeping, security and event
- Organize all logistical needs including but not limited to entertainment,
- catering, décor, audio/visual, gifts, room layout, etc.
- Development of RFP’s as needed for event fulfillment and implementation.
- Primary liaison to the Committee Chairs of each event.
- Responsible for the production, installation, dismantle and inventory of
- event signage and decor.
Orange Bowl Football Game
- Assist with team site visits as needed
- Coordinate Ambassador Volunteers for Pregame, Halftime & Postgame
- Assist with other game responsibilities as determined by supervisor
Orange Bowl Community Relations Events and Programs
- Oversight of all operational aspects for all community relations events including, without limitation:
- OBYFA Cheer and Dance Championships & Clinics
- Orange Bowl Food & Wine
- Orange Bowl High School Football & Basketball Showcase Receptions
- OB CARES Program
Orange Bowl Ambassador Program
- Coordination of the Orange Bowl volunteer program, including recruitment initiatives, database management, volunteer assignments, etc.
- Primary liaison to Ambassador Committee Chair, captains and volunteers.
- Coordinate a comprehensive recruitment and utilization plan for new and current Ambassadors.
- Assist in the coordination, management and supervision of annual Ambassador Meetings, gatherings, thank you parties, etc.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) year’s experiences or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- A willingness to work normal business hours to include evening and weekend hours required at times.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Photoshop, Illustrator, video editing, and Publisher a plus.
- Representation at various South Florida business functions.
- Representation at select industry conventions, business seminars and meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Administrative Officer.