POSITION: Partnerships (Sponsorships) Activation & Fulfillment Intern
DEPARTMENT: Partnerships (Sponsorships)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Partnerships Fulfillment
STATUS: Internship, Unpaid
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in a career in Sponsorship/Partnerships Fulfillment. Intern will observe, learn and develop skills necessary to explore career opportunities within the chosen field. The Partnerships Activation & Fulfillment Intern will be assisting in the implementation and fulfillment of sponsorship benefits for all Orange Bowl Festival Events, and the Capital One Orange Bowl Game Bowl Game and the surrounding bowl week ancillary events. This year’s 88th Capital One Orange Bowl Game provides a unique opportunity, as this year we are hosting one of the two National Semifinal Games for the College Football Playoff, therefore the Orange Bowl will host two of the best four teams in the game. The two teams will battle it out in the Orange Bowl to decide which team will advance to play in the CFP National Championship Game. Individual may qualify for college credit if allowed by their college/university. This position is an unpaid internship.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- Inner workings of major non-profit sports and event organization and how it relates to the community
- Learning basic fundamentals such as coordination and execution of sponsor deliverables during festival events.
- Ability to execute sponsorship task by working closely and attending with partnership staff various activities and business related forums
- Learn about departmental processes needed to ensure that sponsor deliverables are being accurately represented.
- Gain knowledge with the research, presentation and management of annual plans, budgets, purchases, expenses of pertinent sponsor information.
- Acquire knowledge through the coordination and development of sponsorship activities and events including game program ads, in –game video spots, signage, décor, gifts, and donated products.
- Participation in the coordination of the OBC’s events and promotions such as:
- Orange Bowl Florida High School Football Showcase
- Orange Bowl Florida Girls High School Basketball Showcase
- Orange Bowl Golf Tournament
- AvMed Orange Bowl 5K Run/Walk
- Sunshine State Lacrosse Games presented by the Orange Bowl
- Orange Bowl Youth Football Clinics
- Orange Bowl Leadership Academy Program
- Orange Bowl Food & Wine Celebration presented by Florida Blue
- Sunshine Health Orange Bowl Family, Fun & Fit Day presented by PNC Bank
- Orange Bowl Creative Art Contest
Partnerships (Sponsorships) Activation Intern
- Orange Bowl Watch Parties
- Orange Bowl Youth Football Alliance Park of the Week
- Orange Bowl Youth Football Alliance Championships Celebrations
- Orange Bowl Youth Football Alliance Cheer Championships
- AutoNation Orange Bowl Basketball Classic
- Orange Bowl Kick-Off Party presented by Dos Equis
- AvMed Orange Bowl Coaches Luncheon presented by AutoNation
- Bacardi Orange Bowl Rhapsody
- Capital One Orange Bowl Game Day Fan Fest
- Orange Bowl VIP Pregame Party presented by Baptist Health
- Capital One Orange Bowl Game (CFP Semifinal Game)
- Pursuing a degree and/or career in Sports Management, Public Administration or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Publisher and typing skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
Note: Preferred commitment of a minimum of 20-40 hours a week consistent with academic demands/schedule.
The OBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer