POSITION: Festival Support Intern
REPORTS TO: Department Liaisons
STATUS: Internship - Unpaid
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in working with the administrative and/or operations departments during the Orange Bowl Festival. Intern will observe, learn and develop skills necessary to explore career opportunities within a sports organization or a chosen field. Individual may qualify for college credit if allowed by their college/university. This position is an unpaid support internship.
Duration: December 20, 2021 thru January 3, 2022
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- Inner workings of a major non-profit sports and event organization and how it relates to the community
- Learning the basic administrative and operational fundamentals of festival events, within the assigned department(s), during bowl week leading up to game day
- Opportunity to learn and/or enhance administrative skills such as bank deposits, filing, updating databases, communications, etc.
- Exposure to the management of logistical needs including but not limited to entertainment, catering, décor, signage, audio/visual, gifts, etc. of festival events
- Acquire knowledge through the coordination and communication of festival and committee events, event manuals and event meetings
- Gain knowledge with the research, presentation and management of festival planning, budgets, purchases, expenses, vendor agreements and operational task list
- Learn about departmental projects and requests per assigned department
- Other opportunities as may be available
- Pursuing a degree and/or career in Sports Management or Event Planning
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Publisher and typing skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
Preferred commitment of a minimum of 20 - 40 hours a week consistent with academic demands/schedule.