POSITION: Events Intern (Spring)
DEPARTMENT: Events & Operations
REPORTS TO: Chief Administration Officer and Coordinator of Events
STATUS: Internship, Unpaid
TIMELINE: January – May
SUMMARY: This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in a career in events or operations. Intern will observe, learn and develop skills necessary to explore career opportunities within the chosen field. Individual may qualify for college credit if allowed by their college/university. This position is an unpaid internship.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- Inner workings of a major non-profit sports and event organization and how it relates to the community
- Learning the basic fundamentals of non-profit community events
- Opportunity to learn skills at events such as the High School Football Showcase, High School Basketball Showcase, Paddleboard Championships & 5K Race, Orange Bowl Youth Track & Field Invitational, Sunshine State Lacrosse Games
- Exposure to the management of all events logistical needs including but not limited to entertainment, catering, décor, signage, audio/visual, gifts, volunteers, etc.
- Acquire knowledge through the coordination and communication of community events, event manuals and event meetings; primarily focusing on High School Football Showcase, High School Basketball Showcase, Paddleboard Championships & 5K Race.
- Gain knowledge with the research, presentation and management of annual plans, budgets, purchases, expenses, vendor agreements and operational task list
- Assist with departmental logistics and operations for the High School Football & Basketball Showcases, Paddleboard Championships & 5K Race, Orange Bowl Youth Track and Field Invitational, Sunshine Sate Lacrosse Games.
- Exposure to departmental projects and requests (warehouse inventory and management)
- Other opportunities as may be available.
- Pursuing a degree and/or career in Sports Management or Event Planning
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Publisher and typing skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
Note:Preferred commitment of a minimum of 30 hours a week consistent with academic demands/schedule.