In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Clemson Athletic Properties manages corporate sponsorship and multimedia rights for Clemson University.
The Vice President, Strategic Planning & Analysis for CAPCo will be a trusted business adviser to the CAPCo President and CAPCo sales and service teams by providing ongoing support to enhance strategies that drive value to our partners. They would lead efforts to evaluate a potential deal’s impact on Clemson University’s ecosystem and analyze the bottom-line impact on the business. The position is responsible for conducting financial analysis and strategic planning, contract management support, developing best practices for creating recaps with our partners, and developing other reports for CAPCo and Clemson University Athletic Department (CUAD) Senior Management. This position requires a high work ethic, an analytical mind, a great communicator, creative thinking, and a passion for telling stories through data.
This position operates in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to execute the below-listed responsibilities with energy, enthusiasm – and, ideally, a great sense of humor. The ideal candidate is proactive and uses their strong communication and organizational skills to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
The role reports dually to the CAPCO President and CUAD liaison.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in preparing and submitting the annual gross sales target, commission structure, operational budget, inventory avails, 5-year strategic plan, and recurring reports.
- Lead regular reporting across the CUAD and CAPCo group, including sales pipeline insights, year-to-date revenue breakdown, expense tracking, inventory sell-through, etc.
- Lead efforts to clean and maintain Partnership related data including, but not limited to; inventory, consumer and syndicated research, and Partnership KPIs
- Oversight of cost tracking, including operational activities, corporate card purchases, T&E expenses, and accounts payable/receivables
- Support the development of a data-backed go-to-market strategy for priority categories utilizing internal resources and external vendors
- Support annual rate card analysis for all sold and available assets, including social & digital series, in-stadium signage, etc.
- Analyze monthly P&L results and provide variance cause of change explanations (actuals vs. budget/forecasts), including the review of results with business partners to ensure understanding of the critical drivers and operational impacts
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, or a related field
- Prefer 3+ years in sales, sales operations, sales analyst or similar role; sports or live event industry experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Ability to combine strong sense of urgency while uncovering and fulfilling needs of internal stakeholders
- Strong communication, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Fundamental knowledge of marketing and corporate partnerships is a plus
- Strong understanding of business functions, legal, finance, and performance management principles, including experience in planning and budgeting
- Extensive experience in data extraction & transformation, relational databases
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment, often under tight deadlines
- Thoughtfulness on how analysis and information can be best conveyed to enhance decision-making
- Comfort working with a range of stakeholders and balancing their priorities
- Strong computer skills with experience operating in an environment that employs a CRM system as well as the Microsoft Office suite;
- Some local travel is required
- Ability to work event weekends
The position will remain open until filled.