*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
When applying, please indicate job #21964. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Ticket Operations Intern who will work within the department’s Ticket Operations unit.
The Ticket Operations Intern will work directly with the Director of Ticket Operations to ensure all ticketing operations for each sport are accomplished including mailings, will call, ticket printing, and player guest admissions. The intern will act as a liaison with coaches and the director of operations for each primary sport. This internship is designed to expose the individual to all aspects of ticket office operations. The intern will gain valuable experience and insight into a variety of areas within the college athletic administration.
Work directly with the Director of Ticket Operations to assist in all aspects of the Cal Athletic Ticket Office day-to-day operations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in day-to-day activities in the ticket office: mailing tickets, customer service on the phone and at the window, assist in supervising student workers, answering emails.
- Use of Paciolan will include: processing mail, fax, and window orders, on-line ticketing, ticket reconciliations, data entry and complimentary tickets.
- The candidate will work Football and Men’s Basketball games as assigned.
- Primary sport responsibilities are Women’s Soccer, Women’s Gymnastics and Men’s Water Polo
- This position will work with Facilities, Marketing, Events Management, and other units within the Athletic Department to coordinate game days.
- Light cleaning/lifting and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent training/experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced customer service environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience handling and reconciling cash
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Previous experience in a ticket office and working knowledge of Paciolan ticketing systems
- Master’s Degree or internship credit required for a degree
- Familiarity with NCAA and PAC-12 Conference regulations and procedures
- Demonstration of high levels of energy, creativity, and initiative.