The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA).
Description of Position: Cal Athletics is seeking applicants for the position of Seasonal Video Producer for the Creative Services team. This position is responsible for producing video and graphical content that highlight the athletic department and communicates information about the program on a variety of digital platforms. This is a seasonal position through the end of May 2022.
Responsibilities: Assists Director of Video in the development of content for the department’s video channels – official athletic site, social media channels and Pac-12 Network. Video projects will be emphasized on story telling features and creative social media projects – e.g. promotions, animated GIFs. Other duties include producing features for boardshows and on occasion attending live events to work with board show teams and film b-roll for features.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of production processes and vendor requirements for a variety of products.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce videos that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Proficient with using video cameras to shoot footage as well as setting up equipment such as lighting or backdrops.
- Ability to edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with a variety of clients, support staff and vendors.
- Ability to accept feedback as part of the creative process and educate clients on design theory and/or using that feedback to make work stronger.
- Skills in collaboration to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pac-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Experience working in the sports industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com. The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application to John Lemein at email@example.com
. For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com